Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week and a half ago I posted in the new members that I bought an ES...well it's time to seriously look into getting some more hp and torque out of it without tearing the motor apart. Honestly have no idea where to start. I made the switch from built diesel trucks to an ES! Trucks I know who to turn to for and where to buy. With trucks it's basically turbo, injectors, tune, cold air intake, straight exhaust for the basics. ES is a whole new animal which I'm trying to learn and the friends I have are big into the fox body mustangs.

So my question is, where do I begin and where do I purchase everything from? I did read that they are still working on a tune but I'm sure there's other things to be done in the mean time!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Tork Motorsports, SXTH Element and Pierce Motorsports are the only ones I know of in the country currently making parts for the car. So far you'll just find the basics like intakes, muffler deletes and rear engine mounts (helps eliminate wheel hop on launches). I know there are a couple intercooler upgrades either available or in the works, along with all the piping to connect everything. Tunes are also in the works but not available yet.

With that said, the ES isn't going to get anywhere near the same gains with upgrades that a diesel truck would. I think on the stock engine you're lucky if you make much more than 250-280 wheel horsepower.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
I think Tork also has a hot pipe and cold pipe upgrade (definitely the latter, can't recall about the former), shifter cable bushings, a boost control solenoid, and a turbo upgrade. I'm pretty sure both Tork and SXTH are working on intercooler upgrades as we speak.

·
Registered
241 Posts
About a week and a half ago I posted in the new members that I bought an ES...well it's time to seriously look into getting some more hp and torque out of it without tearing the motor apart. Honestly have no idea where to start. I made the switch from built diesel trucks to an ES! Trucks I know who to turn to for and where to buy. With trucks it's basically turbo, injectors, tune, cold air intake, straight exhaust for the basics. ES is a whole new animal which I'm trying to learn and the friends I have are big into the fox body mustangs.

So my question is, where do I begin and where do I purchase everything from? I did read that they are still working on a tune but I'm sure there's other things to be done in the mean time!
We are wroking hard building our product line. This is what we have so far:

Hyundai Elantra Sport

Currently developing:

Rear Sway bar + endlinks
Better Front Mount Intercooler
Intercooler piping with blow off valve replacements
3" downpipe
Muffler delete
Cat-back exhaust
Tuning
turbo replacements (fall 2017)

Tork Motorsports, SXTH Element and Pierce Motorsports are the only ones I know of in the country currently making parts for the car. So far you'll just find the basics like intakes, muffler deletes and rear engine mounts (helps eliminate wheel hop on launches). I know there are a couple intercooler upgrades either available or in the works, along with all the piping to connect everything. Tunes are also in the works but not available yet.

With that said, the ES isn't going to get anywhere near the same gains with upgrades that a diesel truck would. I think on the stock engine you're lucky if you make much more than 250-280 wheel horsepower.
We MAY be able to take the ES a little further on the stock turbo, but expect a completely stock (non-modified) OEM turbo to put down no more than 280whp (on a sea level dynojet).

We'll see soon enough!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
We MAY be able to take the ES a little further on the stock turbo, but expect a completely stock (non-modified) OEM turbo to put down no more than 280whp (on a sea level dynojet).

We'll see soon enough!
I'm cool with 250whp so any more than that works for me. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts