Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All- I have managed to procure a set of 17 inch alloy rims from 2018 Elantra GT used and a set of brand new Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 205/50 tires to go with it. I am yet to receive it. This cost me about the same as a set of dedicated winter/all 'weather' tires in the stock 225/40 R18 size. Since the investment seemed to be the same with both the options with much lesser switchover hassle in maintaining a dedicated winter set, I decided to go with this option. Has anyone tried this setup? Is the computer able to register 8 TPMS sensors? Or I'm not even sure if these new TPMS sensors will be automatically registered or not. Any pointers or insights will be appreciated!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This might be of use to someone in this same situation. I have installed Elantra GT 2018 17 inch rims (17 x 7 +51) with the factory TPMS transmitters. The rims suit the car really well with 225/45 Michelin X-Ice XI-3 and does not stick out any more than the stock 18 inchers (18 x 7.5 +55). The rest of the specs are same. The TMPS picked up the new sensors automatically after about 20 mins of driving. So it looks like no extra programming is needed to get it to work. The TPMS units have the 'Hyundai' and 'Kia' logo on them, no other brand names are visible.
Note: These Michelins are real sticky on ice. I feel like I'm driving all seasons in the wet while driving on these Michelins on packed snow and icy roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.