Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to get some recommendations/advice for an exhaust mod, so far i have watched videos on muffler deletes and after reading ShaddEx post about it being a bit to loud i am not wanting to go down that path as i use the car as a daily. I did like the use of the Flowmaster muffler however they seem to be a bit hard to get here in Aus/ However Magna Flow gear doesnt seem to be that hard and i was thinking something like this,

It is the kind of tone i am looking for, just a little bit deeper, clean and a bit more aggressive without over doing it!

It seems a few Veloster owners have gone for Magna Flows. here is a link to what i am thinking about,

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12216#modal-compatiblevehicles

Its 2.5 in and out which is what the Elantra is i beleive.

Love to hear what you guys think,

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm a big fan of Mangaflow myself. Had it in my past cars. I have been waiting for a Catback for the ES from Magnaflow. Wonder if it will ever come...

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Keep us informed on how you go. I'm doing my research now on this and planning a similar mod.

Magnaflow sounds great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Shaaza6887
From the clip that you posted above. What muffler was on that car?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 11235 it an oval 4'' by 9'' 14'' long and it have a 2.25'' in an out.
The 11236 have the same dimensions but with 2.5'' in and out.

The video description also say that its a 2015 Elantra Sport. So, I think that it have the NA motor and not the same frame as our ES.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do you know what our stock exhaust pipe diameter is? I read a while back that it's 2.25".....
Not sure if that's correct

·
Registered
209 Posts
BUMP anyone?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Be aware that when you see any exhaust videos with the camera so close to the pipes they will all sound pretty good. In reality, magnaflow mufflers (or any muffler with sound deadening) will most likely be too quiet on this car. I have tried a magna flow can muffler and it was quieter than stock, totally disappointing, not to mention looked terrible. The reason I went with the flowmaster is because there is 0 sound insulation and it's just a tube essentially: exactly what you need to get any decent sound out of this car. The stock muffler is tuned to sound nice, so you won't be able to improve the awesome note of this car, at least not yet, but you can make it louder overall. I would suggest to keep your stock exhaust on and remove the resonator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Res delete sounds cool but i am one that doesnt like the backfire :(. The downpipe catback option from SXTH and Tork sound really cool but at over 1500 AUD and without a tune, having already the Big Gulp and Pipe it seems i will get minimal if any HP gains.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anybody know if its possible to install an oval aftermarket muffler at the same location as the factory one? I'm not a fan of the round ''In line'' mufflers and I want to keep my dual style tips.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Res delete sounds cool but i am one that doesnt like the backfire
. The downpipe catback option from SXTH and Tork sound really cool but at over 1500 AUD and without a tune, having already the Big Gulp and Pipe it seems i will get minimal if any HP gains.
Did u get an exhaust for you SR? I?m also in Australia and am just wondering.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts