Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downpipe was fairly easy to install, that being said my car only has 10k miles and was able to do the at work. As far as performance car definitely quicker throttle response. FMIC install was really easy, as far as performance night and day car pulls hard up to 6k rpm! Definitely worth the investment! Sorry lost Picture of new intercooler!

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Downpipe was fairly easy to install, that being said my car only has 10k miles and was able to do the at work. As far as performance car definitely quicker throttle response. FMIC install was really easy, as far as performance night and day car pulls hard up to 6k rpm! Definitely worth the investment! Sorry lost Picture of new intercooler!
Do you have pictures of the kit installed?? I just installed mine but it seems that the cold pipe does not line up correctly with the throttle body. At least a pic of where it couples to the throttle body would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just spoke with SXTH directly regarding my concern and they have informed me that everything looks correct with my kit and installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have pictures of the kit installed?? I just installed mine but it seems that the cold pipe does not line up correctly with the throttle body. At least a pic of where it couples to the throttle body would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just spoke with SXTH directly regarding my concern and they have informed me that everything looks correct with my kit and installation.
That looks good, I will take a picture and post it for you!

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
SXTH elements intake!
It the intake one of the original design?? My air filter lines up with weld on the cold pipe but I have the second gen style intake with the breather near the back of the head.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree the front mount was the best investment I've made on the car other than the lap 3 tune.
Yeah I agree completely and I cannot wait for the day I get my tune!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have decided on what tune?
Yeah, the 91+ tune as the 91 octane fuel I use has 0% ethanol. Plus gas prices are getting ridicules for the higher octane also, on top of that I have been running 91 in the car since I bought it.

I have also been in contact with lap3 and David will be working on a few custom tuning options for me when I send in my order.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I have the 91 octane Lap3 tune as well but have been running E30. Car loves it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the 91 octane Lap3 tune as well but have been running E30. Car loves it.
So then Lap3 is the best way to go for our cars it seems.

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts