Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ordered my LAP3 91 octane tune from sxth($50 less shipping then lap3) and I am so excited about it. Also got my spark plugs! Now the fun begins I hope! Here's a list of things I will be doing this summer.

-Red Brake Calipers
-Red Rear Defuser lines
-Red interior cup holders
-Resonator Delete
-Muffler Delete (Torn on this one)
-HKS plugs & LAP3 tune

I want more power, but now I am low on the cash. Would anyone know anything solid I could do? Even if it's only 15HP after everything installed I would love to try to get it up to 280HP (I will be around 260-270 stock with ECU tune.

Like i said I am super excited to get my first mods going :) Thanks for everyone who helped me on the forum I might of been a pain in the ass rookie to this stuff but I appreciate it all guys.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think it's unrealistic to hope for a dime more than 240whp without upgrading the turbo, no matter what bolt on's you have, plus I believe you probably need meth injection to get to 240whp anyway. And nobody makes that power on 91 octane.

Personally I think 200-230 whp is the sweet spot for this car (given motor/turbo/diff limitations) and if you desire more than that you should trade up to an N.

I'm ALL about modding and tuning etc, just have realistic expectations.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's unrealistic to hope for a dime more than 240whp without upgrading the turbo, no matter what bolt on's you have, plus I believe you probably need meth injection to get to 240whp anyway. And nobody makes that power on 91 octane.

Personally I think 200-230 whp is the sweet spot for this car (given motor/turbo/diff limitations) and if you desire more than that you should trade up to an N.

I'm ALL about modding and tuning etc, just have realistic expectations.
Isn't 240 to the wheel roughly about 280hp? I'm just guessimating but I think it could be realistic to hit that with 91 octane

Is

·
Registered
248 Posts
Isn't 240 to the wheel roughly about 280hp? I'm just guessimating but I think it could be realistic to hit that with 91 octane
Close perhaps, but I don't see it happening without 93 octane or a E30+ mix and methanol injection. Happy for someone else with more experience with making top power for the stock motor+turbo config to chime in here.

At the end of the day what does the number mean? if you do your bolt ons, tune to 91 and get lets say for example 220 wheel HP and the car drives amazing and reliably, is getting to that magic 280 crank hp number you desire the most important thing?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Close perhaps, but I don't see it happening without 93 octane or a E30+ mix and methanol injection. Happy for someone else with more experience with making top power for the stock motor+turbo config to chime in here.

At the end of the day what does the number mean? if you do your bolt ons, tune to 91 and get lets say for example 220 wheel HP and the car drives amazing, is getting to that magic 280 crank hp number you desire the most important thing?
It was more of an idea, I just want more power when I need it, I don't have a specific number but 280 was something I was thinking might be possible. I will be around 210-220 WHP completely stock so I was thinking some parts here and there might just bump it up towards 230-240WHP. Even if I do not hit 280 just having something to look forward to customize in the future puts a smile on my face. Even if I plateau at 240WHP

·
Registered
248 Posts
It was more of an idea, I just want more power when I need it, I don't have a specific number but 280 was something I was thinking might be possible. I will be around 210-220 WHP completely stock so I was thinking some parts here and there might just bump it up towards 230-240WHP. Even if I do not hit 280 just having something to look forward to customize in the future puts a smile on my face. Even if I plateau at 240WHP
Oh I hear ya loud and clear, I'm virutally stock, just an intake and want to throw some cash at a tune and mods but $$ are tight atm.

when you say "I will be around 210-220 WHP completely stock" Do you mean tuned but otherwise stock? bone stock these motors seem good for roughly 175-180whp and ~190-200 w/ft-lbs

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh I hear ya loud and clear, I'm virutally stock, just an intake and want to throw some cash at a tune and mods but $$ are tight atm.

when you say "I will be around 210-220 WHP completely stock" Do you mean tuned but otherwise stock? bone stock these motors seem good for roughly 175-180whp and ~190-200 w/ft-lbs
Yeah sorry I didnt mean bone stock I meant tuned with stock parts. my bad about that :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yeah sorry I didnt mean bone stock I meant tuned with stock parts. my bad about that :D
Makes sense now. Personally I'd just love anything over 200 wheel HP that 'wakes the car up', gets it on boost harder and faster etc. I find it already to be such a great car stock.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The one thing I learned , is that Turbo and the FMIC are the biggest restrictions on these cars. Unfortunately to make power you have to spend 💰! Lap3 tune is definitely a step in the right direction. Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
200-210 whp would be a pretty realistic number if you still have the stock intercooler and cats on the car. That number would also vary if you have a dct or a 6 speed car. Intake, muffler delete, hks m45xl plugs and a tune would get you a nice running car but be warned the car will get pretty loud removing the cats and muffler. To squeeze the most amount of power out of these cars you will spend a nice chunk of change unfortunately.

Upgrades done to mine are:
Hks M45XL plugs
Sxth element intercooler upgrade
Pierce Motorsport downpipe and muffler delete
Custom mid section pipe
Hks bov
Mac ebcs
Mac bov solenoid
Lap3 93 octane ecu tune
E30 mix
Throttle body coolant bypass
60mm throttle body
AEM cai wrapped with reflective heat tape
Sxth breather delete
Sxth oil catch can pcv side

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Slow, what is your car pushing with all those upgrades? And can you estimate your 0-60 number? I know upgrades aren’t just about acceleration but. Being that 75% of my driving is highway driving with lights/merging, accelerationpersomally matters more to me than top end speed and handling etc. awesome set up by the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Slow, what is your car pushing with all those upgrades? And can you estimate your 0-60 number? I know upgrades aren’t just about acceleration but. Being that 75% of my driving is highway driving with lights/merging, accelerationpersomally matters more to me than top end speed and handling etc. awesome set up by the way.
To be honest I haven’t put the car on the dyno due to lack of time but I would like to wait till I change the fuel pump to be considered “FBO”. I could probably try to get you a 0-60 time tomorrow but the car does accelerate quite well all thanks to the lap3 ecu.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
The car won't make more than ~250whp on the stock turbo anyway. I would guess it's somewhere between 230-240. Meth injection may be needed to squeak out that last 10hp.

·
Registered
244 Posts
To be honest I haven’t put the car on the dyno due to lack of time but I would like to wait till I change the fuel pump to be considered “FBO”. I could probably try to get you a 0-60 time tomorrow but the car does accelerate quite well all thanks to the lap3 ecu.
How do you like 6 Element FMIC?

·
Registered
28 Posts
This morning the weather was nice and cool in miami and manged to get a mid to high 4 sec 0-60 time on the stock tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks “no-so-Slow” 😜

1 - 20 of 31 Posts