Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basic oil change. Used my ramps and 17mm wrench
oil Mobil 5w30 use it in my 12 sonata turbo here in FL and never had any problems same with whatever other synthetic is on sale.

oil filter purolator boss pbl14461 part of sale
air filter Fram ca12057 got it through walmart website for 13 bucks.
cabin filter Denso 453-6006 13bucks on ebay. first time using a denso filter. looked quality and denso has a good reputation. cabin filters are hard to find for this car.

added gumout all in one system cleaner.

AEM doesnt have a dry flow drop in yet. Used to use K&N but im getting lazy and dont want to clean them. Fumoto drain valve will be on my christmas list. Used these for years on a variety of cars and they come in handy to keep the oil from draining on top of the lower wind deflector.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
While I'm sure OEM oil filters are good as their made by someone else I'm a big fan of Wix, Baldwin and Mobil 1, check out Bob the Oil Guy:cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
get an oem oil filter next time. Only costs me $12 in Canada, in the US they are probably like $5!

i also have the Fumoto 106sx valve, just put it on and look forward to a less messy drain next time around. I'm dragging my feet on getting the K&N for the same reason, i wish they would release an AEM dryflow version already.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gary, R1600 has a 2017 ES

My 2019 ES needed the extension
if you get the standard valve (fs series), you'd need the extension. i have a 2019 and the SX series (new style) valve does not require an extension.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Gary, R1600 has a 2017 ES

My 2019 ES needed the extension
Engine and oil pan are the same. With the SX version you do not need an extension.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
It is different for the ES? I have a 2018 sport and the oil cap says 5w30 and the owners manual as well.
See attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
It says thru 2017. Im assuming since the 17 and 18 are basically the same i should switch as well. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
It says thru 2017. Im assuming since the 17 and 18 are basically the same i should switch as well. Thanks for the info.
Correct. The TSB hasn't been updated but based on this and the advice of several tuners, 5w40 is recommended.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for reposting that TSB, I wasn't aware.

What oil meets the ACEA A5/B5 spec in a 5w40? Feels like Hyundai has gone out of their way to make it really difficult to follow their own recommendations...

trey

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Thanks for reposting that TSB, I wasn't aware.

What oil meets the ACEA A5/B5 spec in a 5w40? Feels like Hyundai has gone out of their way to make it really difficult to follow their own recommendations...

trey
I don't believe there are any that meet that spec. I haven't bothered to worry about it. I just use Motul 5w40 and an OEM filter and call it a day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Engine and oil pan are the same. With the SX version you do not need an extension.

Well damn, I wish they had more info about this on their website. I bought the F106S. Then the extension, ugh.
Works great though.

At 19,100 miles now. Almost all with 5W40 Renewable Lubricants (low ash) oil w/ OEM filter. Car runs great. Even in the
record breaking heat we've had this year. Surprisingly very little horsepower loss in the heat (car said 122 a couple of weeks ago, lol)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts