Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Bill. I'm currently anxiously awaiting for my car to be delivered to the dealer. I bought a blue Base 6 speed manual (not on their lot, but friend is the sales manager). thought about waiting until the 2018s came out to get the standard sunroof for 300 more MSRP. but with the 2000 off,, plus other incentives, I decided to jump. I originally was going to get one of the new Honda SIs, but they are trying to gouge people for 3500 over MSRP right now. Looking at video reviews of the SI, I kept seeing comments about the new elantra sport. I had no idea this car was out, or it's roots with Albert Bierman. After sitting in the SI. then sitting down into the ES, they're was no contest. As far as difference in power, I dont care. I'll more than likely leave this ES bone stock, with the exception of a short throw shifter. the ES seems to be much more solid in body fitment. I'm excited to start putting some miles on this car. The insurance was much cheaper than the quote on the SI as well. I also looked at used BRZ/FRS, insurance on them is insane, and im over 45????? Look forward to finding out what size sticky tires you can squeeze under the wells. looking at video of the suspension, it doesn't look like much larger before contact with the rear struts.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Look forward to finding out what size sticky tires you can squeeze under the wells. looking at video of the suspension, it doesn't look like much larger before contact with the rear struts.
Sounds like you are looking for the same kind of fitment I'm looking for. Going attempt an 8 inch wide wheel with 245's and hoping it'll fit. Offset needs to stay around 40-45mm I think, however I am no expert. :p

·
Registered
241 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Even if you plan to leave it stock sans a short shifter, I'd highly suggest thinking about a rear sway bar now that this car has an independent rear.

We will be testing ours very soon, I firmly believe it's going to be a big deal in the handling dept.

Again, welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a 1977 280Z that I V8 swapped, with the larger driveshaft, the rear U-joint was striking the rear anti-sway bar on deceleration . I removed it, and the initial turn in actually improved (in that car).

Got notification from my dealer today, they were going to pick up my car Thursday. He sent the information, and they were going to pick up a premium. glad I looked it over carefully. Mainly I don't want the dual climate control. too many blend doors and actuators in that setup for me.

After looking at a few more videos of the suspension, if they do a "N" model I'm betting it has fender flares if they plan on putting much larger tires under there. Unless the "N" version has a different coilover setup ????

·
Registered
46 Posts
First post, first time Hyundai owner. Been driving a white base model sport for about 2 weeks and enjoying every minute. Located on Long Island.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Dude im a semi old dude here myself in my late 30s. I really like the es. I think if it came with 225 hp from the factory it would be perfect.

Now in comparison to the new si their numbers are basically identical. Si vs es, 205 vs 201 hp. Torque is also very similar. Ive owned a bazillion hondas since the mid 90s and seriously the only reason why there is any praise at all for the new si is because of its honda name. Ppl still suck on hondas wet limp noodle because they believe it is still the late 90s early 00s when honda was king of the tuner sport compact world. They havent been that in a long time now. Theyre just riding the wave off of their name and their loyalists.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts