Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I just picked up my new 2018 Elantra Sport DCT yesterday and so far, I'm loving it. I have never been big Hyundai fan but I really like how the new Elantra looks and feels. I was initially trying to get the GT, but the closest one with the tech package was over 500 miles away and the price just wasn't right for the drive. I ended up trading my 2013 Dodge Dart SXT and left the lot in my new ES. So far, it has been a blast to drive, but I think I may make a few modifications/additions.

First thing will be some tint. I'm thinking probably a 35% for the sides and rear, and maybe just a blue tinted visor for the windshield. We'll see though. I have seen another red ES in my area with 15% all the way around and it looks pretty sweet.

Second, I'll probably be putting in a 10" sub in the trunk. I may try replacing the 8" that's already there first and try running it with a more powerful amp first but ultimately, a 10" would be ideal.

Third, I'll be removing the ugly dealer logo and probably play around with some plasti dip to see how the badges look in black. I probably won't debadge this one, but I haven't decided yet.

That's all I'm going to start with, but a muffler delete or swap with a high flow one may end up happening too, we'll see.

I'll be digging around the forums for the next few weeks to see what others are doing too.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats glad you like it so far! I’ve had mine for 6 weeks, all good so far... still haven’t gotten my windows done but yeah plan on it also. Let us know on the mods, and welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tint and elantra/sport debadge will clean her up nice. I personally wouldn't bring plastidip 100 yards of this car but to each his own. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

·
Registered
338 Posts
How does this compare with the Dart? I was considering taking a Dart for a test drive but didn't get around to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.