Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked my ES in for the complimentary 1500km service tomorrow. I asked if there is an oil & filter change & was told no. Anyone know what they actually do at this service? Is it advisable to change the oil & filter myself after 1500km?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
How does a complimentary service NOT include an oil change? Always has for me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thats the way it is here in Aus, intervals for this car are every 12 months or 10,000kms, but the first 'free' one at 1500kms is basically just a check over to make sure nothing has started going wrong, coming loose etc.

I did an oil change at 5,000kms and Will be doing those half interval ones myself till the warranty is up, then I'll do them all myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the way it is here in Aus, intervals for this car are every 12 months or 10,000kms, but the first 'free' one at 1500kms is basically just a check over to make sure nothing has started going wrong, coming loose etc.

I did an oil change at 5,000kms and Will be doing those half interval ones myself till the warranty is up, then I'll do them all myself.
I will be doing the same, thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
long gone are the days when finding a good independent shop to go to on a frequent basis for service was a must, now with all this infrequent service dealers should be seeing a return of customers in the service department. Even as someone that can do my own servicing, going to the dealership is still a great option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts