Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So happy to have found a twin (lives near me). Same color and all. We talked for a bit asking if each person has encountered any problems yet, I have not luckily. But the guy I bumped into says when he lets his sport sit for a couple days after it has rained the ebrake does not want to disengaged (from the rear tires). Good to know- may have the dealer look into this just in case. Anyways here's a pic:

http://i.imgur.com/8M45QrJ.jpg

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah yeah, that was me- there was a multi lane road right behind us and I didn't feel like backing up in traffic just to fix it, new I'd get called out for it lol.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
But the guy I bumped into says when he lets his sport sit for a couple days after it has rained the ebrake does not want to disengaged (from the rear tires). Good to know- may have the dealer look into this just in case.
It's normal. Brakes rust when they get wet, you leave the parking brake on and they'll fuse together slightly. Best to not apply the parking brake if they are wet or have a chance of getting wet and sitting for a long time. Even I won't put the parking brake on after washing my car in the evening and letting it sit over night because I know they will do that.

Reactions: mccaslin0
1 - 5 of 5 Posts