Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will remove the front bumper next week-end. I purchased a mesh grill. How hard it is to remove the bumper ? Tips and hints are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Two 8mm screws and a bunch of plastic clips. Pretty easy. One screw on each side and plastic clips in the wheel wells, plastic clips on the top between the headlights and the plastic clips on the bottom that hold the under tray on. Pull up and out on the bumper to release it from the fenders. Don't pull off too fast, you'll need to remove the plugs for the DRL's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Appreciated

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, remove 6 clip on top + 6 clip on the bottom. I did the 4 clip on both side as well and the 2 x 8 mm screw. Bumper do not want to move or slice forward. It is -5 celcius right now and plastic is like glass. I just want to make sure that i did not miss something before I pull harder

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Alright, remove 6 clip on top + 6 clip on the bottom. I did the 4 clip on both side as well and the 2 x 8 mm screw. Bumper do not want to move or slice forward. It is -5 celcius right now and plastic is like glass. I just want to make sure that i did not miss something before I pull harder
Did you unclip the bumper from the fender on each side? It won't slide forward with those still in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhhh. I did not that! ✌. Be back soon 😎

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey quick question is that a pre made mesh grill you bought or did you have to weld or cut anything? It would be pretty helpful to me if it is a pre installed one. if so do you mind sending me a link that would mean everything!

·
Registered
140 Posts
hey quick question is that a pre made mesh grill you bought or did you have to weld or cut anything? It would be pretty helpful to me if it is a pre installed one. if so do you mind sending me a link that would mean everything!
You can buy them for about $250-300 online

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
There are no pre-installed grilles currently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts