hi all
can any one given to me a video for removing the front bumper from elantra 2017
really i need this video
thanks

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a question relating to the front bumper removal. What is on the underside of the bumper directly underneath the headlights? I am thinking about a project....

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi all
can any one given to me a video for removing the front bumper from elantra 2017
really i need this video
thanks
You don't really need a video... it's pretty easy.

Put something soft on the ground below, like cardboard, so you don't scratch the bumper when you take it off. Invest in a plastic trim removal tool if you don't have one - it will make removing the many plastic clips much easier.

1. Remove the 6 plastic clips on the top of the bumper.
2. Remove the 6 plastic clips on the bottom of the bumper.
3. Remove the 4 plastic clips and 1 bolt (10mm IIRC) on each side of the bumper.
4. Disconnect the wire harness connectors from the DRLs.
5. Carefully pull the bumper away from the headlights - they're snapped in place along a plastic track on the bottom of each headlight. It will take a bit of force to pull off.
6. Pull the bumper off.

That's it. The final step is easier with a second pair of hands.

Installation is basically the reverse of removal, but I would put a couple clips in the top or bottom to hold it in place before doing the sides. Putting it back on is much easier with help. Drape a cloth or something over the tips of the bumper that go against the fenders so you don't scratch the fenders when reinstalling.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a question relating to the front bumper removal. What is on the underside of the bumper directly underneath the headlights? I am thinking about a project....
The horns and the DRLs. Not sure what you're planning but there's a good amount of space there. Remove the bottom cover and take a look :)

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
The horns and the DRLs. Not sure what you're planning but there's a good amount of space there. Remove the bottom cover and take a look :)
I will do that when it gets little warmer here. Thank you for the information. Much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts