Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
CRaven Speen makes the Platypus mount that you can buy directly from them or on Amazon. You'll need a second adapter from them to make it work, however, as the bog standard Elantra one doesn't quite come through the bumper cover far enough. They sent me the adapter free of charge.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
CRaven Speen makes the Platypus mount that you can buy directly from them or on Amazon. You'll need a second adapter from them to make it work, however, as the bog standard Elantra one doesn't quite come through the bumper cover far enough. They sent me the adapter free of charge.
You needed an adapter? I've ordered mine and it's been shipped but wasn't aware it wouldn't be long enough. Did you just contact them after receiving it?

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
You needed an adapter? I've ordered mine and it's been shipped but wasn't aware it wouldn't be long enough. Did you just contact them after receiving it?
Yes. They have a support line listed somewhere in their documentation so I called it. They actually sent 3 things: a longer towhook stud, a towhook stud extension, and a longer bolt, in the hopes that one of these three things would solve the problem. What I found is that the longer towhook stud was the best option out of the 3. The stud extension would have worked as well, but still would not have stuck out past the bumper cover far enough, IMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's one on eBay that doesn't cover the LEDS. Just search for "2012-Up Hyundai Veloster Front Bumper Tow Hook License Plate Bracket Mount"

http://www.elantrasport.com/forum/13-hyundai-elantra-sport-turbo-pictures-videos/3089-dseoul-ads.html has one and I'm picking one up soon.

Next problem is finding something decent for covering/plugging the holes the dealer drilled in the bumper
I was originally going to use trim plugs but just threw the four black screws from the dealer mount back on. They cover the holes perfectly, sit flush and because it's the recessed portion of the grill don't show too much.
I'll probably end up hitting them with some flat black paint to blend it better with the plastic but overall I'm happy with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts