Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
Discussion Starter #1
So I went on a bit of a spending spree over the last month...

First, bought my "used" 2019 base ES manual with 2,200km (not a typo) for $19,650.

Next, the car got the tint treatment (limo in back, 30 front. I plasti dipped the rear E-L-A-N-T-R-A badge and Hyundai emblems and purchased and installed a Thinkware front & rear dashcam.

Put on the SXTH rear motor mount as first performance upgrade. BIG difference, but I can see why it's not for everyone.

Now we're at today: just ordered up an ADD W1 catch can. Would've gone SXTH for this, but $200usd doesn't translate into anything nice when converted to CAD, especially after import fees, taxes, shipping, etc. It would've been north of $400 馃槼. Also placed an order with AFE for the Takeda Stage 2 intake system. Finally, I set an appointment to have the roof of the car wrapped in carbon fibre - I like white, but only when it's balanced.

Next up will likely be a Lap3 91 octane tune and a JBL basspro hub.

Anyone have insight re: the SXTH rear sway bar and hot pipe upgrade? Are they worth it?

Registered
Sway bar is one of the best things you can upgrade.

Hot pipe is much better than the intercooler resonator delete.

Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
Discussion Starter #3
SXTH sway bar purchased. Might wait to go FMIC & tune at same time. Pretty sure that with the intake I'll be already nearing the performance max on stock tune. Apparently the Takeda bumps it up to 15hp. Any other mods to consider on stock tune for the time being?

Registered
Stock power is around 170-180 to the wheels. You can throw as much at it as you want by you'll never get over 190-195whp without a tune. Limiters in the stock ECU won't allow it.

Registered
It can really transform the car into some things that an absolute blast to drive. Totally worth it for 2017-19 Hyundai Elantra/Sport/GT!

Registered
How did the belt come off to begin with? Do you park your car outside? If so, maybe a rodent or something chewed on the belt?

Either that or someone bumped something loose that eventual led to the belt coming off. Glad to hear that everything seems back to normal. Having a warranty is always good. :cool:

Registered
2019 Elantra Sport
Discussion Starter #10
Warranty was a lifesaver. Car is garage kept. Dealer implied that it wasn't a one-off situation that they've never heard of, but that they personally hadn't seen it before. Their lead mechanic said it was likely a "bad ECU" that threw the timing way off.

Not sure what to believe tbh, but at the end of the day, the car is all better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts