1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hyundai just needs to bring the i30N proper to the USA. Bah, I'll probably just end up getting a Stinger GT2 AWD anyways...

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's actually sad. There is nothing significant changing outside the terrible design update.

Now, the GT Sport changing to the GT N-Line with stiffer engine mounts and springs, better shock damping, revised sway bar sizes, better steering calibration and Michelin PS4 tires is the one to go to.

https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/r...2X2R00eG-Fvfz1UdbVHDCpynkqojrP930dgNypPudz4wc
Couldn't agree more, the GT N-Line is a really fresh look, love how they turned the DRLs and changed a little styling here and there. When I was purchasing my Elantra Sport I was originally looking at the Elantra GT Sport but I wasn't a huge fan of the front look. The N-Line addressed everything I didn't like and had it been out when I purchased my ES I would've had a tough decision on my hands

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
345 Posts
So it did get folding mirrors..
It would seem that people in position to decide which markets get which options came to conclusion that North American customers are less demanding than the rest of the world. This goes for most automotive brands. Why can't we get the gismo gadgets other people are able to get, such as adaptive headlamps.

·
Registered
345 Posts
2019 has adaptive headlights.
Where did you find this information? I could only find mention of high beam assist. Turning high beams on and off automatically is not really 'adaptive'.

This is what adaptive headlamps are, couple of videos.
Note how the beam splits and moves between vehicle in front and actively changes as oncoming traffic drives by:

Another video from BMW, little older

·
Registered
345 Posts
It would appear that folding mirrors are going to be standard across the 19 models. I foresee myself doing an upgrade already.

EDIT: I just looked up 2019 Elantra on Hyundai Canada website. There is no mention of folding mirrors. How do you read this, from Hyundai USA: "Dual fold-away power bodycolor side mirrors"?

·
Registered
66 Posts
The '19 wheels are truly disgusting and the front end, specifically the lower sides sharp plain angles and triangle lights, look cheap as all ****.

I agree with other posters about the GT N line look though. Subtle and effective appearance improvements plus the items R1600Turbo mentioned in his post. Why there's no mild performance update is a head scratcher though. Surely they could get another 20-25 HP and Torque reliably by stipulating 91 octane for a 'high performance' option version?

·
Registered
32 Posts
It would appear that folding mirrors are going to be standard across the 19 models. I foresee myself doing an upgrade already.

EDIT: I just looked up 2019 Elantra on Hyundai Canada website. There is no mention of folding mirrors. How do you read this, from Hyundai USA: "Dual fold-away power bodycolor side mirrors"?

Different features for different markets.

My wife has power folding mirrors on her car. When she got it, I thought it was cool, but then when I put my "wants list" together, it seemed like one of the dumbest features. I can understand it on huge trucks, but not on compact cars. If you need to park that close to the car next to you, you're asking for door damage. Same if your garage isn't really big enough to put your car in. Other useless features - power adjustable seats with no memory feature. Again, the wife has them in her car. The seat moves soooo sloooowwwwwly. It might be worth putting up with the slowness if it had a memory feature. I still like her pano sunroof, but she says even that's useless unless you have passengers in the back of the car... you don't really take advantage of it from the drivers seat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.