Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice any real world performance gains from the addition of a CAI? Proof is definitely better than just placebo!

Is a tune required to access any gains that would be made available from a CAI?

Anyone experience any negative effects from their CAI?

Lemme know which product everyone's buying, I'm shopping around myself!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
There aren't any true cold air intakes that I am aware of on the market currently. Most are short rams because a true cold air intake doesn't really help much since the air is just heated up by the turbo anyway. A tune is not required for an intake alone, but if you start adding more to that you will quickly hit the factory power limiters. Only negative side effect I can think of is the added noise. If you are not a fan of loud induction noise you won't want the intake.

Best intake on the market is from SXTH Element.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There aren't any true cold air intakes that I am aware of on the market currently. Most are short rams because a true cold air intake doesn't really help much since the air is just heated up by the turbo anyway. A tune is not required for an intake alone, but if you start adding more to that you will quickly hit the factory power limiters. Only negative side effect I can think of is the added noise. If you are not a fan of loud induction noise you won't want the intake.

Best intake on the market is from SXTH Element.

Thanks for the info!

I guess what I'm looking at doing is technically a short ram and downpipe. I'm all down for the added noise. I've seen Torks, SXTH, and a K&N that includes a heat shield (not sure if that's too important.)

I've also had a lot of friends tell me the only reason to change the intake was for the added induction noise and possibly risk an actual loss in performance.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I guess what I'm looking at doing is technically a short ram and downpipe. I'm all down for the added noise. I've seen Torks, SXTH, and a K&N that includes a heat shield (not sure if that's too important.)
Heat shield will do nothing.

I've also had a lot of friends tell me the only reason to change the intake was for the added induction noise and possibly risk an actual loss in performance.
Not on a turbo car. More air flow = better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.