Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed my gas gauge seems to fluctuate a lot. Often times I will be driving a short drive and it will go down an 1/8 of a tank and then the next time i get in it is back were it was before. Other times it appears to be moving around more than it should while driving. I had a tiburon with approximately the same size gas tank and after 8.5 years my gauge was extremely accurate and never fluctuated. I have been parking on flat surfaces, hilly terrain is not the issue. After a few fill ups it appears to fill according to what is left in the tank, but the gauge just seems to move around a lot more than I am used too when driving.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine fluctuates some times when parking on slopes. Doesn't seem to move much while driving but does level off a bit some times after stopping for awhile.
Nothing to this extreme though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine seems fine as well. Even the range to empty seems very spot on for me. Lately since Ive been driving mostly cities, Im getting a hair over 300 miles to the tank, other times Im closer to 350 or so. I usually just go off that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies everyone. I will just have to keep an eye on it. I am going to fill it up today on my way home from work and see exactly how many gallons it takes. As long as the "range" is accurate I guess I don't care that much. I usually track my mileage every fill-up with the trip anyways. Maybe a fill up could solve the problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for your replies everyone. I will just have to keep an eye on it. I am going to fill it up today on my way home from work and see exactly how many gallons it takes. As long as the "range" is accurate I guess I don't care that much. I usually track my mileage every fill-up with the trip anyways. Maybe a fill up could solve the problem.
don't stuff the tank on the fill up also it might just a placebo effect but i swear i get better millage and smother 1st gear to 2nd gear pull better with 93 octane i get 320-350 miles out of a tank depending on my driving..Edit your From MA to \o/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts