Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went to my first Hyundai dealership this past Saturday.
Looking for an Elantra Sport w Premium Package.
After the usual BS, manger comes out and says "Well, we got a great deal for you.
I look at the top of the sheet and I see $30,000. He wants to negotiate from there.
Not me, sorry. So, after we get him down to about $24,000, we get to trade-in.
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback. EX-L with Navigation. 11,800 miles. I had looked it up
on KBB & Edmunds and both came in between 18k & 19k for a clean car. Mine is.
He offered us $13,000. He wanted a check for $10,000 plus.
We left, went for some Italian food and went home. . .

·
Registered
121 Posts
A dealership has overhead, like lights, gas and water, plus its workers, so they've gotta cover that and try and make some money. That said, they'll come back higher and maybe you need to shoot lower, its all apart of the game, right....or sell it outright, I mean, its a Honda afterall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A fully loaded 2020 Elantra Sport doesn't even have an MSRP of $27k, how were they charging 30k for it? In 2018 when i bought mine, new ones could be had for $20k out the door.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I love mine but they lost me with the new body style and loss of the manual transmission. 2020 Kia Forte GT still checks all the boxes if you can't live with the looks of the Civic Si.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you expected to essentially pay $5-6k for a brand new car and expect them to make almost no money on your trade, and were surprised they didn't play ball? You've got to lower your expectations on trade value, or sell private if you want to see those numbers from your civic. Dealers aren't in the business of giving brand new cars away.

·
Super Moderator
1,187 Posts
Actually, if the car is as low mileage as he/she says and is in near perfect condition, what he/she is expecting for trade-in value is spot on. Tell that dealer to go take a flying leap off of a short pier.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Actually, if the car is as low mileage as he/she says and is in near perfect condition, what he/she is expecting for trade-in value is spot on. Tell that dealer to go take a flying leap off of a short pier.
I DID!
I got over $18k for trade-in. Yeah, they "took" me for $1300, but I'll take that any day!
Cars are very similar. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I DID!
I got over $18k for trade-in. Yeah, they "took" me for $1300, but I'll take that any day!
Cars are very similar. . .
Forte GT? Better choice IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts