Elantra Sport Forum banner

Geez, not too many posts on this thread....

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  R1600Turbo 
#1 ·
Well, went to my first Hyundai dealership this past Saturday.
Looking for an Elantra Sport w Premium Package.
After the usual BS, manger comes out and says "Well, we got a great deal for you.
I look at the top of the sheet and I see $30,000. He wants to negotiate from there.
Not me, sorry. So, after we get him down to about $24,000, we get to trade-in.
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback. EX-L with Navigation. 11,800 miles. I had looked it up
on KBB & Edmunds and both came in between 18k & 19k for a clean car. Mine is.
He offered us $13,000. He wanted a check for $10,000 plus.
We left, went for some Italian food and went home. . .

#2 ·
A dealership has overhead, like lights, gas and water, plus its workers, so they've gotta cover that and try and make some money. That said, they'll come back higher and maybe you need to shoot lower, its all apart of the game, right....or sell it outright, I mean, its a Honda afterall.

#5 ·
So you expected to essentially pay $5-6k for a brand new car and expect them to make almost no money on your trade, and were surprised they didn't play ball? You've got to lower your expectations on trade value, or sell private if you want to see those numbers from your civic. Dealers aren't in the business of giving brand new cars away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.