Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crossposted from the engine forum - may have posted in the wrong place originally.

I recently picked up a 2018 Elantra Sport with the 6 speed manual. I'm planning to start doing some modifications after my warranty expires next year, I was hoping to find some guidance on the car's clutch.
I'm hoping to pick up a Lap3 ECU with the 93 Octane/1.8 bar tune. It looks like this tune results in somewhere between 230 and 240 hp, as well as between 280 and 300 ft-lbs of torque to the wheels.
In that regard, how is the stock clutch on the manual Elantras? Would it handle that increase in power, or would a new clutch be necessary?
I also understand that tunes like this can overload the stock boost control solenoid, is there a "best" aftermarket option?

Along with a tune, I am considering a helical limited slip differential. Has anyone had any experience with a differential upgrade?

Loving my car so far, happy to see there's a community of ES drivers :)

Thanks for any advice in advance!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Stock clutch will be fine on anything the stock turbo throws at it. I have yet to see anyone pony up the dough for the LSD.

Just beware of Lap3, they are known to disable safety limiters in their tunes.

Reactions: Ez_I30SR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock clutch will be fine on anything the stock turbo throws at it. I have yet to see anyone pony up the dough for the LSD.

Just beware of Lap3, they are known to disable safety limiters in their tunes.
What have you heard in regard to Lap3 disabling safety limiters? Is it only something they do in the "Aggressive" tune, or do they do it in all of them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crossposted from the engine forum - may have posted in the wrong place originally.

I recently picked up a 2018 Elantra Sport with the 6 speed manual. I'm planning to start doing some modifications after my warranty expires next year, I was hoping to find some guidance on the car's clutch.
I'm hoping to pick up a Lap3 ECU with the 93 Octane/1.8 bar tune. It looks like this tune results in somewhere between 230 and 240 hp, as well as between 280 and 300 ft-lbs of torque to the wheels.
In that regard, how is the stock clutch on the manual Elantras? Would it handle that increase in power, or would a new clutch be necessary?
I also understand that tunes like this can overload the stock boost control solenoid, is there a "best" aftermarket option?

Along with a tune, I am considering a helical limited slip differential. Has anyone had any experience with a differential upgrade?

Loving my car so far, happy to see there's a community of ES drivers :)

Thanks for any advice in advance!
id stay away from lap three personally. I also have the same car and sxth element is actually releasing its rev6 piggyback for our cars this week. I feel its a way better option and keeps all safety features in place to not wreck your car. Keep in mind, you should probably get better plugs, cai, catch can, and pierburg bov solenoid upgrade if your going to tune to 240 range. FMIC also if you plan on really taking advantage of tune and keep all the ponies without heat soak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts