Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi all, im new here, im going to be getting an elantra sport next year. im curious about the DCT. first of all let me say, 6 years ago i had a 2012 focus with fords dual clutch powershift transmission, and it was terrible, lots of shuddering, grinding, jerkiness, not a smooth driving experience at all. How is the elantra sport DCT in everyday driving? i enjoy for how fast they shift, but im curious to know if there is any shuddering, grinding, or any problems with it?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
All dual clutch transmissions are jerky, it's just how they are. Some are worse than others. I can't really say how jerky this one is as I have a 6MT, but I did drive one at one point and it didn't seem bad. It did however shift on it's own in manual mode and was skipping gears (which has happened to a few people) so keep an eye out for that on test drives.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I test drove the DCT but bought the Manual.
The DCT was fine, nothing jarring or alarming (30 min test drive in city).

I picked the manual because 1) I kept missing the paddles when FLYING into and out of corners.
and 2) it seemed a little 'gimicky'

·
Registered
126 Posts
My previous car is 2012 Veloster with 6 speed DCT. It's terrible but still working when I trade in to this ES. Comparing with this current 7 speed DCT, it's improved a lot. Much more smoother even on ECO mode.

But I noticed there was still lag issue occured when the car was moving slowly itself on D. If you wanted to accelerate a little bit by pressing on the gas pedal, it won't go. Then you needed to press more to let her know you want to pick up.

It's the same issue on my 2012 Veloster but ES one is not quite serious and not every time. Also noticed it's more chances on ECO mode than Normal & Sport.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a DCT. I find the most annoying thing is when your rolling slowly through stop sign or traffic, it feels like as if you were riding the clutch in a MT. Just rolled over 10,000km today...still getting used to it's nuances.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks all, i thought about how the transmission operates, and am no longer concerned/worried about it, but i will say i am excited to get this beast next year.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nothing wrong with the DCT. I have an 18 DCT car, it has its quirks but once you learn how it behaves, it’s all good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a DCT. I find the most annoying thing is when your rolling slowly through stop sign or traffic, it feels like as if you were riding the clutch in a MT. Just rolled over 10,000km today...still getting used to it's nuances.
Yes, that's what I mentioned from the above. It have been aleady improved a lot comparing to my pervious 2012 Veloster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.