Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, im excited to get the elantra sport next year, i currently have the 2017 elantra limited leasing it till next year which is when i get the elantra sport, but one thing concerns me, and its about the DCT. 6 years ago i had a 2012 ford focus sel with fords powershift dct transmission, and it was terrible, it shuddered, grindy, was very jerky, and was ultimately very un reliable. i have heard that the elantra sport has a DCT as well, but, question is how does it handle light acceleration, and everyday driving? Does it shudder or slip at all?

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey all, im excited to get the elantra sport next year, i currently have the 2017 elantra limited leasing it till next year which is when i get the elantra sport, but one thing concerns me, and its about the DCT. 6 years ago i had a 2012 ford focus sel with fords powershift dct transmission, and it was terrible, it shuddered, grindy, was very jerky, and was ultimately very un reliable. i have heard that the elantra sport has a DCT as well, but, question is how does it handle light acceleration, and everyday driving? Does it shudder or slip at all?
I've never driven one of Ford's but I've heard they're horrible.
There's a very very infrequent slight lag or shudder but nothing unsafe or very irritable to me. I find it smoother than a VW dual clutch but not as quick to kick down or shift. In fact the kick down is the worst part. Take it on a looong test drive to make sure youre happy with it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The power shift ford transmission is actually manual dual clutch transmission that automatically shifts and it’s a nightmare imo. The one I test drove had a DCT and seemed fine but I don’t think it’s going to be anywhere as problematic as the ford

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.