Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm planning on getting a new set of shoes for my ES. However, i have little experience in the area of dealing with wheels and spacing issues as this is my first car (i've had 2 trucks prior and never had any clearance or rubbing issues when changing wheel sizes). I should mention that i'm going to put the car on coilovers once they become available to drop it (see Tork Motorsports FB post). So i guess my question is what do i need to do if i do put the aftermarket wheels on or even if they'll fit ?? They are an inch wider than OEM. Aftermarket wheel specs = 19" x 8.5 w/ + 15 offset

TIA!

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Hey all, I'm planning on getting a new set of shoes for my ES. However, i have little experience in the area of dealing with wheels and spacing issues as this is my first car (i've had 2 trucks prior and never had any clearance or rubbing issues when changing wheel sizes). I should mention that i'm going to put the car on coilovers once they become available to drop it (see Tork Motorsports FB post). So i guess my question is what do i need to do if i do put the aftermarket wheels on or even if they'll fit ?? They are an inch wider than OEM. Aftermarket wheel specs = 19" x 8.5 w/ + 15 offset

TIA!
+15 offset will definitely not work on this car, that is a RWD offset. Stock is +55. If you want a flush look, with an 8.5" wide wheel you need something in the ballpark of +45 offset. Ride quality would definitely suffer with 19's and a lower profile tire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts