Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left my work today and walked up to my car only to see a 4 inch nail hanging out of my rear left tire. After running around the military post looking for somebody to plug my tire. I was in barest for a little bit with the Bobo tire. All said and done. The tire is fixed and back on the car. Once I got home I saw that my Weather Tech floor liners came in. They look great. So I had an Up and Down day.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had my rear tire blow out on me a couple of weeks ago - I just used it as an excuse to replace all four with Michelin Pilot Sports (AS3+ because America's tire didn't have any other Pilot Sports in 225/40/18). Nice tires are always an effective upgrade!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Jealous, did you notice a ride difference? Seen others complain about the factory tires on here so was interested in your take

Absolutely - acceleration, braking, and overall grip performance is markedly increased. I'm not noticing any drone or additional road noise either when cruising on the highway and down the street - but of course that will be determined on how well paved your local roads are.

The stock Hankook Ventus S1 noble2 are decent tires, but the Pilot Sports are in a different league. Very highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The stock Hankooks are OK. They surprised me with their grip on some mountain runs, but there's always something out there that's better. I'm absolutely loving the Firestone Indy 500's I recently put on. Quiet, comfortable and super grippy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the stock Hankooks, good grip and no squealing (good limits). I have had Conti DSW in the past and had good luck, so we will see how these go. I hope they don't become totally noisy halfway through.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I got a bolt in my tire at 700 miles I took the opportunity to replace all four with Nitto NT555 G2s. I couldn't force myself to use a mismatched tire and the stock tire was on national backorder. Lucky you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.