Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed a greddy type fv blow off valve with the sxth element flange. ran for about 15 minutes no issues and got the p2261 code thrown. cleared ecu and didn't comeback but i haven't driven much. Any ideas or things to try if it does come back. bov is set to factory softest settings i ordered an an upgraded bov solenoid but is not in yet to install.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You'll get the code again until you install the upgraded solenoid, from what I understand. I didn't install my HKS SSQV4 until I had the upgraded solenoid.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You'll get the code again until you install the upgraded solenoid, from what I understand. I didn't install my HKS SSQV4 until I had the upgraded solenoid.
That never happened when I installed my HKS SSQV4 and I installed the aftermarket solenoid months later after installing the BOV. I was so worried of breaking off the barbs on the solenoid during install. It took forever to take extra caution without breaking them. The OEM rubber hanger sure fits very snug on the aftermarket solenoid.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That never happened when I installed my HKS SSQV4 and I installed the aftermarket solenoid months later after installing the BOV. I was so worried of breaking off the barbs on the solenoid during install. It took forever to take extra caution without breaking them. The OEM rubber hanger sure fits very snug on the aftermarket solenoid.
I was worried about breaking those barbs off too. I didn't have the BOV installed without the solenoid, so I can't say for certain, but from the reports I've read, it seems a code is inevitable.

code came back after stop and go driving today thinking about doing an additional vacuum reservoir along with solenoid when it comes in next week
Only need to do the solenoid.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was worried about breaking those barbs off too. I didn't have the BOV installed without the solenoid, so I can't say for certain, but from the reports I've read, it seems a code is inevitable.
So awesome...your reply! Which way is your BOV facing? The factory hose lines are limited in their length, so my HKS BOV is facing down. I wish there was a better way to mount he hose line bracket. Man, out of all the mods I’ve added, that solenoid was a real PITA. I installed mine from the bottom of the car working my way up to it. I have a strut brace and removing it can also be a slight chore. That’s exactly way I did what I had to do to install the solenoid....well, that and I had to preform my first oil change. So working from below made he job a little easier imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.