Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2018 Elantra Sport over the weekend, and so far I'm loving it. I've been lurking the forums for awhile, but I really got sold on it watching all the reviews.

Last year I was at the Hyundai dealership to test drive a Veloster Turbo. They didn't have any manuals, so I walked around the showroom for a bit, before I left to go test drive some more cars. On my way out, I spot some white car that I had never seen before, and the dealer told me it was the Elantra Sport. He told me they didn't know much about it yet, they just got that one in, and didn't have any paperwork on it. I sat in the car, enjoyed the interior, loved the look of it, but didn't take it out for a spin since they didn't have any manuals.

I sat about test driving a few different cars, and found a Elantra Sport with the 6spd manual that I decided to test drive as well. For the longest time, I had my car selection down to the Focus ST, the VW GTI, and the Elantra Sport. I know that it isn't really in the same class as either of those cars, but those were all on my short list. After discovering how much I hated the Focus ST Recaro seats in the package I wanted, I wrote it off. The GTI was always on my list, but I had an 01 VR6 back in the day, and had nothing but problems with it. Plus, the price for the car is just way too much.

I pretty much psyched myself up, and decided that the Elantra Sport would be my next car. I'm coming from a 2005 Mazda 3, which has been a good car, but it's high in the miles, and everything is falling apart. The newer Mazda 3's caught my eyes, but I just didn't enjoy driving it for some reason. So, Elantra Sport it is.

I put off buying a new car for awhile, and decided to start looking again a few weeks ago. It took some time for me to find a 6spd manual Elantra Sport in Georgia, but I finally located one that was black. It wasn't my original choice, but looking at pictures more, the black started to grow on me quite a bit. It really made the car look elegant, and more expensive than it actually was.

Anyways, thats my wall of text. I hope you enjoyed it. I can't wait to see how this community grows as more and more people pick up this car.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.