Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
I thought it was all plastic and not painted. I'm wondering if that is caused by road salt...

In any case, I'd clean it up and just plastidip the whole thing - at least as a stopgap measure. Or bring it in to the dealer and see if they will replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Looks like your Turbo is missing an R too. I also think it's road salt. I'm really starting to wonder if Hyundai even road tested these cars in cold temps. They do not like them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Do you power wash your car? Like the Esso gas station car washes? I had something similar happen to another car, and I traced it to the power type car washes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do you power wash your car? Like the Esso gas station car washes? I had something similar happen to another car, and I traced it to the power type car washes.
I have my own power/pressure washer and worry this will happen. I keep a good distance when using it though.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
A pressure washer by itself won't cause paint peeling issues. You have to already have chipped paint and then the power washer might exacerbate the situation. Regular hood chips - not so much, but anywhere where the base coat didn't adhere properly to the primer will cause this to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with the front grille of my i40 and its never been near a power washer. This seems to be a common problem with these front grilles. I'm due a service next month and I will be asking the dealer about getting this changed under warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts