Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone. The name is Tony Lester. I haven't posted very much on here so here it goes. Yesterday I received my Lap3 ECU in the mail. Since I haven't made many posts here I'll list my mods first.

2018 Elantra Sport 6 speed manual trans
Lap3 ECU
HKS M45XL spark plugs
SXTH element intake
SXTH element muffler delete
SXTH element oil catch cans
SXTH element shifter bushings on both ends
SXTH element shift knob
SXTH element rear sway bar
Turboxs hybrid BOV
Mac BOV solenoid

Last fall I dynoed the car at 191 hp to the tires on a dynojet. I did not get torque numbers that time due to it being a dyno day event. But I do plan on getting it dynoed again very soon with the lap3 ecu

So lets get on with this post shall we LOL. Alright let me say that this car is a TOTALLY different animal tuned. All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS lol. David Chung and the guys at Lap3 are the best when it comes to our platform bar none. Power is so smooth and the thing just pulls and pulls.

David had them include launch control and a 7K rev limiter. I haven't been able to try the launch control yet as in actually launching the car but my goodness it sounds good. I also did a 55-98 ish 4th gear pull. Need to get back out and do more I'm not sure I was even WOT for that one.

I am absolutely happy with my car again, Before the tune I was almost ready to trade it in because it was so slow and boring LOL. But, David and the guys at Lap3 saved the day. 100% satisfied customer here. If anyone is in the Kentucky Ohio Tennessee area and on the fence about doing Lap3s ecu tune, hit me up... I'll gladly meet you and give you a ride, you'll be ordering it the next day LOL.

On to the photos and youtube links to some footage I did last night after the install. I plan on doing LOTS more videos especially the launch control. Not sure why my photo at the E85 pump is side like that LOL.

Launch Control sound Not trying it out in the rain LOL

55 to 98ish pull. Not even sure it was WOT

3rd gear pull up to 7K rpms

Thanks for watching guys and gals. If you have any questions dont hesitate to message me here, on facebook etc

My facebook page is facebook.com/1sloelantra
Instagram is www.instagram.com/1slo_es

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Must. Resist.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Kentucky, does anyone know of an actual shop that will help you with preparing for the tune, as far as switching spark plugs and adding the oil catch can setup? Also did you get any CEL or anything when you installed the new ECU and is it traceable by Hyundai as far as warranty if you were to switch back to the original?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in Kentucky, does anyone know of an actual shop that will help you with preparing for the tune, as far as switching spark plugs and adding the oil catch can setup? Also did you get any CEL or anything when you installed the new ECU and is it traceable by Hyundai as far as warranty if you were to switch back to the original?
What part of Kentucky. If it's not bad **** pay for my gas and I'll come do it for you. Easy as pie. And no just swap stock ecu back in and they'll never know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.