Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Recently. Came across the elantra sport after alot of shopping and comparing. Was on my way to test drive a sentra nismo and stopped into my local hyundai and instantly fell in love with the sport in phenoix orange. Needless to say after finding out it was 6000$ off due to being leftover. So im now the owner. I have had it a week today put 1300 km on it so far and love it except noticing a few issues. Tha chrome logos on the door when u open them. Seem to collect water after a rain or wash and opening / closing the doors and that water has pooled under the plate and when applying pressure water seeps baxj up from under the edges. I have phone my dealer and they are going to haul the plates out ensure its not rusting underneath and hopefully replace anything if it is. And sealing them up when put back. Idc if it affects the visual appeal just rather not have rotted out rocker panels in 2-3 years time. Has anyone else noticed this to be a issue? And i also have noticed lately when first starting it in the morning or after hours of non use. It has a steady clicking noise under the hood engine im assuming not a loud deep click like a fast snapping kinda click ( i suck at xplaining lol) and not sure if its normal but it sounds lke for first 5 secs or so of starting that its revving high then itll rev down n calm. That might be a normal deal im very new to A new car and vehicles in general. Thanks for your replys and look foward to learning more about the es!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update : was to the dealership today. They seemed confused about why manufacturer didnt set it up differently cause it is in fact collecting water under the plate but i am told that its fully painted under there so shouldnt rust the rockers but itll def rust out the plate. I am going to be drying them out completely mid summer and sealing it with a bond or glue of sorts so it cannot colect anymore. And the ticking i hear i am told is just due to the type of motor. Im use to a 07 malibu before this car so huge change lol

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Update : was to the dealership today. They seemed confused about why manufacturer didnt set it up differently cause it is in fact collecting water under the plate but i am told that its fully painted under there so shouldnt rust the rockers but itll def rust out the plate. I am going to be drying them out completely mid summer and sealing it with a bond or glue of sorts so it cannot colect anymore. And the ticking i hear i am told is just due to the type of motor. Im use to a 07 malibu before this car so huge change lol
Modern direct injection engines are noisy. Most of the ticking comes from the high pressure fuel pump on top of the engine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2.0t Santa Fe Sport has the ticking as well for a short time when the engine is cold. Normal high pressure fuel injection behavior.

Fellow Nova Scotian here, still eying up the 2017 ES that has been on my local dealer lot since last summer. If the dealer wants to move it badly enough to get me a deal I can't refuse (and a color I like, not a fan of the Phoenix Orange personally) I may trade in the SFS.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 2.0t Santa Fe Sport has the ticking as well for a short time when the engine is cold. Normal high pressure fuel injection behavior.

Fellow Nova Scotian here, still eying up the 2017 ES that has been on my local dealer lot since last summer. If the dealer wants to move it badly enough to get me a deal I can't refuse (and a color I like, not a fan of the Phoenix Orange personally) I may trade in the SFS.
. Nice man. What part. If ns? Im southwestern end. Shelburne county i got mine in yarmouth hyundai im not sure how accurate the numbers was but dealer claimed i got 6000$ off due to being leftover. Retail quoted was 29000 plus freight tax etc i pd 23. After tax xtended warranty it came out to 31 steep imo but i wanted it lol they had a white with tech pack for 1500$ More.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.