Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Long time lurker and really thinking about pulling the trigger on a es, also looking at a charger scat pack long story but. My question was if anyone knows how much torque the DCT is rated before clutches start slipping, I am inclined to just get a manual but I usually motorcycle every where and would rather the car row the gears for me. Chime in with your thoughts, much appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pretty sure someone said throwing another 50 tq is steady but will prob start being finicky after that? Ide only add around 25ish and call it good in my opinion. You have bikes for that :D

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I think the number is around 230-250 before you start to have issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lap3 is claiming 110 ft lb increase for their flash and 93 octane. I'd be very concerned about the longevity of the entire drive train with that kind of boost. Shark Racing claims 40-50, about the same that Lap3 shows at 87 octane, which seems a lot easier on the equipment and still very quick. After I add some weight doing sound deadening, sway bar, and possibly some front end stiffening, I'll see how I feel about engine performance. I think I'd be quite happy with 20-30 hp and torque increases.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the input guys, I am waiting for the Stinger to show and the dirt bag levels of customer service at Kia dealers here in so cal. So if that dosent work out I will lease the Elantra sport, do a flash an intake and drive it hard for 3 years and give it back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts