Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, y'all,

New ES owner as of last month. Traded my 2017 Elantra SE for the 2020 ES (DCT), so far loving the drive. My main purpose for being on here is to get more info on caring for my DCT and looking at potential mods. I just picked up the RaceChip, but haven't been able to install it yet. Not sure the best way to do this, so if anyone has any quick tips, would be much appreciated.

Here's my short list of other mods I'm considering
- Window Tints
- Front fender lip (any recommendations?)
- Lower LED fog lights/DRLs
- Short ram intake or CAI

Thanks, guys!
Josh

·
Registered
121 Posts
Elk Grove Village here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elk Grove Village here!
Nice! I actually work in Arlington Heights, so right down the road from EG! Do you drop in all your own mods or do you take to a shop? Also, which dealer did you get from? I bought from Patrick in Schaumburg and I'm hesitant to see what they say about mods on my warranty. :confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice! I actually work in Arlington Heights, so right down the road from EG! Do you drop in all your own mods or do you take to a shop? Also, which dealer did you get from? I bought from Patrick in Schaumburg and I'm hesitant to see what they say about mods on my warranty. :confused:

I bought mine from Rosen, CPO and haven't taken it in to the dealership yet, 1st oil change was done by my buddy but I have 2 free oil changes, should be interesting. Honestly though,what can they say about an axle-back, enclosed intake with a dry filter and a catchcan. I plan on going to the Hyundai dealership in Elmhurst when I have to have work done though, its closer and I've had great experience with them in the past, well, the Mazda dealership anyways but its the same owner.

As far as mod go, I have a buddy who does all that for me, I'm not a wrench, I'm a backyard detailer, so if you need that new ride protected in the spring, let me know. I'm very fair and have NO overhead, its just me!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I purchased a '19 back in June, it's been a fantastic ride so far. The Race chip install is pretty straight forward. A Nice drive ratchet will do the job for the airbox. There is one bolt that is a pain in the ass to undo, mainly because space is limited, get a longer extender if you can. If your hands are small enough, you can actually get to ( Sensor A) without removing the airbox at all.

Also, paddle extensions look pretty cool on the steering wheel. The easiest of all mods lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually returning my RaceChip. I've seen too many mixed reviews on it to be comfortable installing it on my car. Right now, I'm happy with performance, I'll be adding some other mods at some point. Found some cool shops to work with and I've heard that there's a dealer around me that's OK with mods!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine from Rosen, CPO and haven't taken it in to the dealership yet, 1st oil change was done by my buddy but I have 2 free oil changes, should be interesting. Honestly though,what can they say about an axle-back, enclosed intake with a dry filter and a catchcan. I plan on going to the Hyundai dealership in Elmhurst when I have to have work done though, its closer and I've had great experience with them in the past, well, the Mazda dealership anyways but its the same owner.

As far as mod go, I have a buddy who does all that for me, I'm not a wrench, I'm a backyard detailer, so if you need that new ride protected in the spring, let me know. I'm very fair and have NO overhead, its just me!
Are you on the KDM Alliance Chicago FaceBook page? Someone there told me the Hyundai in Palatine is cool with mods.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are you on the KDM Alliance Chicago FaceBook page? Someone there told me the Hyundai in Palatine is cool with mods.

That's not me, I'm that guy who isn't on FB, LOL but my car has cool mods and I have different rims for the3 season driving time!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, I'm also here in Chicago, by the midway airport area! Driving a 2018 ES. Good thing you did return the race chip. I had the AFE on race mode all the time although it was great for a bit, I think it could damage the vehicle over time with usage as it was a lot of boost it was pushing. Also if you find out a dealership is mod-friendly let me know as I got a couple :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts