Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Welcome Jorge! First off I hope the hurricane recovery is coming along for you and your family. Looks devastating down there. But things can and will be rebuilt!

Nice ride and especially color! Since you use the dollar there as well, I'm curious as to the pricing of the Sport models? I wonder if there's a way to import an orange one into the US? Do you know if they're US compliant on emissions and crash tests?

I tried finding even one Sport on a dealer inventory but couldn't. Are they readily available there?

Again congrats on the new ride! You should post some more pictures.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome Jorge! First off I hope the hurricane recovery is coming along for you and your family. Looks devastating down there. But things can and will be rebuilt!

Nice ride and especially color! Since you use the dollar there as well, I'm curious as to the pricing of the Sport models? I wonder if there's a way to import an orange one into the US? Do you know if they're US compliant on emissions and crash tests?

I tried finding even one Sport on a dealer inventory but couldn't. Are they readily available there?

Again congrats on the new ride! You should post some more pictures.
Yeah hurricane did scratch my other ride (Corolla Xrs 2010).

And our cars are the same as US about the emission thing.

We don't recieved the ES in blue.
Its available in yellow,orange,dark purple and normal colors as white,gray,black,silver and some red.
Also I work on the central hyundai distribution for the whole island.
Currently working on the blow off thing but mine is way to stiff check engine did came.
(Sorry 4 my bad english) Lol

· Registered
108 Posts
I just got off the phone with the EPA. Apparently all new vehicles in a US Territory must comply with US EPA emission laws AND DOT crash standards. So "new" Puerto Rico vehicles seem to make the cut for legal importation into the US. However, the stickers must be in English if imported into the US. If they are in Spanish from Puerto Rico, they would be considered invalid upon import and subject to seizure and destruction. F me!! Any way you can check your stickers to see what language they are in? One probably in the engine compartment and other in the door jam?

Not many Sport models available, but I did find these:

Información del Vehículo | Hyundai Escorial
An awesome gray we don't find here. Just click on where the picture is supposed to be.

https://www.hyundaivegaalta.com/cdi-single-cardetail/?id=3363
This is a spectacular blue color! These small pictures don't do it justice. Another dealer had one in stock but sold it. Their pictures blew up full screen and it was awesome!

Detalles de Vehículo | Hyundai de Rio Grande
An interesting Silver color!

Same red as we get? I'm not sure. Just click on where picture is supposed to be.

There's an orange one like yours but can't find it right now. If I were to import one, it would either be that blue or orange. The yellow is nice but a bit strange at the same time. In person it's probably awesome!

Looks like about $1000 to ship from PR to Jacksonville, FL which isn't bad. I'm waiting on Hyundai PR as well to confirm the sticker situation. Was on the phone forever today and got nowhere haha.

If you can, let me know what you paid as well. They definitely don't seem to discount much in PR compared to the US. At least according to dealer websites. I could be wrong about that.

I have no clue why Hyundai offers all these amazing colors to such a small market yet refuse to do so in the US. Just looking into a roundabout way if I can change that. Really stinks NO Premium Package available. Ugh.

· Registered
108 Posts
Acabo de hablar por teléfono con la EPA. Aparentemente, todos los vehículos nuevos en un territorio de EE. UU. Deben cumplir con las leyes de emisión de la EPA de EE. UU. Y con los estándares DOT de colisión. Por lo tanto, los "nuevos" vehículos de Puerto Rico parecen hacer el corte para la importación legal a los Estados Unidos. Sin embargo, las etiquetas deben estar en inglés si se importan a los EE. UU. Si son en español de Puerto Rico, se considerarán inválidos en el momento de la importación y estarán sujetos a incautación y destrucción. F me !! De cualquier forma, puedes revisar tus pegatinas para ver en qué idioma se encuentran? Uno probablemente en el compartimiento del motor y otro en el atasco de la puerta?

No hay muchos modelos Sport disponibles, pero encontré estos:

Un gris impresionante que no encontramos aquí. Simplemente haga clic en donde se supone que debe estar la imagen.

https://www.hyundaivegaalta.com/cdi-...etail/?id=3363
¡Este es un espectacular color azul! Estas pequeñas imágenes no le hacen justicia. Otro comerciante tenía uno en existencia, pero lo vendió. ¡Sus fotos volaron a pantalla completa y fue increíble!

Detalles de Vehículo | Hyundai de Rio Grande
¡Un interesante color plateado!

¿Mismo rojo que tenemos? No estoy seguro. Simplemente haga clic en donde se supone que debe estar la imagen.

Hay uno anaranjado como el tuyo pero no lo puedes encontrar ahora. Si tuviera que importar uno, sería azul o naranja. El amarillo es agradable, pero un poco extraño al mismo tiempo. En persona, ¡es probablemente increíble!

Parece alrededor de $ 1000 para enviar desde Puerto Rico a Jacksonville, FL, lo cual no está nada mal. Estoy esperando a Hyundai PR para confirmar la situación de la etiqueta adhesiva. Estaba en el teléfono para siempre hoy y no llegó a ninguna parte jaja.

Si puede, dígame también lo que pagó. Definitivamente no parecen descontar mucho en relaciones públicas en comparación con los Estados Unidos. Al menos según los sitios web del distribuidor. Podría estar equivocado acerca de eso.

No tengo idea de por qué Hyundai ofrece todos estos colores increíbles a un mercado tan pequeño pero se niegan a hacerlo en los EE. UU. Solo estoy buscando una forma indirecta si puedo cambiar eso. Realmente apesta NO hay paquete Premium disponible. Ugh.
El deporte está en línea ahora

· Registered
108 Posts
The only colors they have that are different from the US are the Yellow, Orange, Red and Blue. All others are the same, including the Gray. They just use different names.

See here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...WMqotMdj73TiUZgy_3d/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true
OK I probably should have said 4 colors instead of many. In my mind 4 colors not offered here but yet offered elsewhere is pretty big. After looking at it, the silver seems to be the same. That dark grey doesn't look like Galactic Grey, but it could be the pictures. I wish the one dealer still had that blue in stock with large pictures. It's an amazing color. Not too dark and not too bright. Orange is great as well. Which obviously isn't offered here. Again the yellow is probably awesome in person. Who wouldn't like to rock that here in the states if at all possible?

I have a lot of time on my hands so just looking into this. Spent a few hours on the phone today with the EPA and couldn't even get someone on Hyundai PR to answer. I'd pay a premium for a color not offered here in the US. Shipping as well. Can't hurt to check it out.

EDIT: http://www.hyundaipr.com/Hyundai-Puerto-Rico/sy/en/Showroom/Cars/ElantraSport/PIP/index.php#

This is the color options for the Elantra Sport in PR from their website. Hit the right arrow and it will give you the options. Is your chart up to date? There's even a brown option. Demitasse Brown is the name. Either the chart is wrong or this website is wrong. Check out those color options from Hyundai PR. That's a lot more than we have here. 13 in PR to 6 here if that site is correct.

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Is your chart up to date? There's even a brown option. Demitasse Brown is the name. Either the chart is wrong or this website is wrong. Check out those color options from Hyundai PR. That's a lot more than we have here. 13 in PR to 6 here if that site is correct.
That color is marked as "not confirmed" on my chart because I have not seen pictures of one. Ditto on the Copper color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.