Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - I just picked up my 2017 Elantra Sport w/ premium pkg MT in Electric Blue a couple of days ago. So much car for the money and just so much fun to drive! I think a big part of that is just coming back to driving stick after over a decade lol.

My wife and I cross-shopped a whole bunch of vehicles including an Audi D4 S8, Porsche Panamera Turbo, checked the KDM floor model of the new Kia Stinger, and then just accidentally ran into the 2017 ES. So glad I did! There's a surprisingly good amount of room in the rear seats for our kids and their Recaro booster seats.

My previous ride was a 2008 E63 AMG wagon

which we really enjoyed until the M156 hydrolocked due to the defective head bolt issue. MB USA would not extend good will to me even though it is a known design flaw which was addressed in mid 2011 models. So I'm walking away from AMG for a while. Their quality control has gone down these past couple of years. Kia and Hyundai OTOH are on the up and up and after checking out the new Kia Stinger, the Germans should be very afraid.

I'm a car enthusiast first and foremost - I am no brand fanboi. In any case, I'm hoping to learn more about the platform from fellow learned forum members here. I haven't had a chance to take pics yet, but it is completely stock with the exception that I de-badged the rear yesterday. Still debating on whether I should leave the rear Hyundai logo as is or replace it with a matte black one to better match the lower diffuser...if any of you folks have done this, please post pics! :D

Reactions: electra
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.