Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
The SR is the sport for the Au market yeah, with a few package differences like what we get standard etc.

We don't get the option of the 8" 7 speaker sound system, 17" wheels are standard over the 18"s and we got a local suspension set-up and tune. However sunroof is standard even on the MY17, as is heated seats, power driver seat, blind spot detection and cross traffic alert and maybe more I'm forgetting.

Loving my SR :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the ES forums!!
The SR is the sport for the Au market yeah, with a few package differences like what we get standard etc.

We don't get the option of the 8" 7 speaker sound system, 17" wheels are standard over the 18"s and we got a local suspension set-up and tune. However sunroof is standard even on the MY17, as is heated seats, power driver seat, blind spot detection and cross traffic alert and maybe more I'm forgetting.

Loving my SR :)

Yah so I got the white manual version and I love it. I come from a Ford Fiesta ST and this Elantra I like.

I like everything on this car even the 17 inch wheels are nice. I did notice a speaker/subwoofer vacant hole in the boot and no dedicated sat nav and no wireless phone charging.

I have added the wind deflectors, light and bonnet protectors, K&N panel filter and K&N cabin filter.

I would like to change to front grille in the future like someone here in the forum. The muffler sound is not loud but has enough to keep me satisfied. Though I am still running the engine in so have not rev hard and just babying it till certain kms.

Overall I place this car as the best car I've owned so far relegating the Fiesta ST to 2nd only cause this Elantra came with more stuff as standard for similar money.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My February 2017 built Polar White Hyundai Elantra SR Turbo.

So far I have installed -

K&N Panel Air Filter (waiting on Super Shorty Big Gulp)

K&N Cabin Filter

Head lights and Bonnet protectors

OEM Wind deflectors for all 4 windows.

DOD LS460W dash camera.

Tinted windows 25% all around.

Pioneer Slim Line powered sub - to be installed.

Currently researching exhausts options though I do like the stock one too.

Currently researching wheels/tyres but again I also like the stock 17inch.

Would love a different front grille like MS ones but they are hard to install. Waiting.

Maybe brake upgrade in the long term and LSD. But since I have no knowledge of this car there will be lots of reading and asking about while enjoying the daily drive on it. Exciting times!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good!

Fellow new Australian SR owner here, just wondering where you got your bonnet & headlight protectors, and wind deflectors?
Hey Zell,

Got them from Hyundai dealer. So just ring up closest Hyundai dealer from you and ask for the bonnet and light protectors and wind deflectors. The Hyundai AU website will show you the accessories for our car.
Its cheaper if you install yourself so ask for parts only not parts and labour. They tried to make me pay for installation but I said I'd do it myself.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Super Shorty Big Gulp installed with carbon fibre enclosed filter with hose running down the bumper for cold air. I will run with this set up till end of January or April then will swap with my AEM cold air intake when winter comes on here in Sydney. Will see how it runs and maybe do dyno in future. Next install will be an exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
PIONEER TS-WX120A installed under front passenger side. Sounds awesome for the money. I trimmed around 2cm off the plastic air vent that was sticking out under the front passenger seat to fit this little active sub flush under the seat.

You will not need any wiring kit with this buy cause it will have all you need to install. So dont buy wiring kit as this will come with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Zell,

Got them from Hyundai dealer. So just ring up closest Hyundai dealer from you and ask for the bonnet and light protectors and wind deflectors. The Hyundai AU website will show you the accessories for our car.
Its cheaper if you install yourself so ask for parts only not parts and labour. They tried to make me pay for installation but I said I'd do it myself.
Ah I see them listed, thanks. How much did they cost you sans labour?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
AEM Cold Air Intake PN# 21-817C

So I installed this to test and didnt like the AEM filter that it came with. It made some sounds that I wasnt a fan of. So I installed my carbon enclosed SAAS filter and was much better! It was so good I decided to leave it in there.

I also installed a DEA 16x9x4 2.5in I/O Offset/Centre straight through stainless steel muffler for my sound liking. It sounded much better than stock but it wasn't loud either - sounding just right for my liking. The car drives excellent!!! The stainless pipes stayed at 2.5inch and I can easily bolt on the original if needed.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.