Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport - Manual Transmission
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2019 Elantra Sport last year with manual transmission. I have noticed since day one that the car will seldomly drop RPMs at idol almost to the point where my car will stall. I as well noticed that some mornings my car will force to start the ignition. Well yesterday my car started shaking at 80km/h, the engine light came on and I pulled over. I assumed it was a spark plug/coil problem (pulsonating loss of power). I have only 16,000km on my car and I am hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. Hyundai informed me that they need to change 2 coils and the thermostat.

3 weeks later...
Just got my car back from the dealership with 2 coil replacements (Hyundai didn't have any coils in stock).
ONE DAY LATER: I am stuck on the side of the road for the second time in the same month with the same problem. Service director says he will have to wait AGAIN for 2 other coils (no more in stock) and he will test drive my car for a few days to understand what the main issue is.

Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening? Previous experience? Main reason why my ignition coils are misfiring?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Could be the injectors. Do you know what the CEL is actually coming on for?

I find it weird that dealers have issues getting parts. I can order a full set of new coils from my OEM parts guy in Korea for $200 USD and they'll be at my door step in 2 days or less.

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport - Manual Transmission
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had found it weird as well so I asked why. The director informed me that it isn't a piece that tends to break on their vehicles so they don't keep them in stock :/
If that makes any sense.
The code both times was a coil injector misfire. The first time it was on cylinder 1 and 3, and the second time (1 day after picking up my car after the repair) it was all cylinders misfiring.
Can it be turbo related? Need help/advice/past experience!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
It's either Ignition or Fuel related. Usually plug or coil packs or injectors.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Coil packs usually last a while. From what I understand about this engine, spark plugs can be an issue. Did you try looking at them? 6 coils going bad is something else. Ecu, voltage regulator etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts