Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow canucks,

I live in the Mississauga area and I am currently planning to purchse the Elantra Sport DCT in grey.

I need some help with the pricing of this car.

I get the following on the hyundai website:
Base MSRP: $26,499
Finance Rebate (Before Tax): $1,500
Delivery and Destination $1,705.00
Other Taxes & Levies: $127.50
Total Price: $26,581.50
HST $3,455.60
Price after taxes: $30,037.10

How much did you pay for your ES? And what do you think about grey colour?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nowhere near that, but I had a trade-in. That price on the website also doesn't include interest of financing added on to the end price, and the myriad of other crap they will no doubt try(say no) to sell you up on. Extra life insurance, warranties, etc. I'll be paying about 27k after all is said and done, over the next 7.4 remaining years..

There is no colour better than the lack of it, black or bust ;) To many grey/silver cars out there. I almost got it in blue though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think my total was around that. With no trade the sticker was 24,999 and I got about 950 off (brother works for dealer). I opted for the extended warranty because I'll be blowing through the standard in less than 2 years. Finance rate isn't great because it's the Sport model and they don't offer 0%. I'm at 1.99%. 7 years, but will probably look to either refinance or pay outright in a couple years.

It's all about your attitude and haggling with these places. Don't let them see you too excited about the car and they'll be more inclined to work the numbers. Could always ask them to throw in winter tires or something like that as well.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I opted for the extended warranty because I'll be blowing through the standard in less than 2 years.
I'm guessing the Canadian warranty isn't as good as the US? Or you just drive A LOT. Here that would be like driving 100,000 miles in two years which is crazy. :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
**** glad I bought when I did.
Total before TTL etc was just under 19k. They had some severe rebates a couple months back.

Reactions: S30BillT

·
Registered
90 Posts
Notice this is canada, my price paid is not relevant at all then, sorry cold weather cousin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought mine from Mississauga Hyundai. My total purchase price was $27,770.82 for a base ES with 6M.

OP what dealer are you using? I highly recommend Mississauga Hyundai.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought mine from Mississauga Hyundai. My total purchase price was $27,770.82 for a base ES with 6M.

OP what dealer are you using? I highly recommend Mississauga Hyundai.
I am going to check out Mississauga Hyundai. Did you finance or lease?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think my total was around that. With no trade the sticker was 24,999 and I got about 950 off (brother works for dealer). I opted for the extended warranty because I'll be blowing through the standard in less than 2 years. Finance rate isn't great because it's the Sport model and they don't offer 0%. I'm at 1.99%. 7 years, but will probably look to either refinance or pay outright in a couple.
Hey, so what was your final price after tax and destination. You got the DCT?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought my Elantra sport DCT in July and I paid a total of 29300 and got it financed for 7 years @ 1.99. I also got a Esso fuel card to reduce the fuelling expense. I got this from 401 Dixie Hyundai in Mississauga.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Toronto here. Got my Elantra Sport 1.6t May 15th.

Overall it came up to $32,500

It's sounds a lot thanks to the $4,000 tax and $2,000 finance interest.

Traded my old Xterra for $500
Made a down payment of $4k
Add ons: Rust Chip Protector $1000
Lock Nuts
Floor mats
Freebie: 2 yrs oil change at Dealership
(6 oil changes / regularly $55 per)

·
Registered
103 Posts
just got my yellow ES today, DCT around $29,300 all in. got 0% finance and $200 ESSO card. the next best month to buy Hyundai will be December hehe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just got my yellow ES today, DCT around $29,300 all in. got 0% finance and $200 ESSO card. the next best month to buy Hyundai will be December hehe.
Hi Jason, was this a 2017 model? I've been asking around a few dealerships and they won't go below 31K for a 2018 DCT model.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Finally got this ES just after the last X'mas. It's maxmium temperture -18C when I picked up at dealer.
I noticed the headlight condensation issue before drove out. They replaced them all under warranty after a few weeks later. So make a note of it too.
It's so rare for the rotor issue of a new car. Is it serious?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts