Elantra Sport Forum banner

Help: How much did you pay for sport?

11K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  EQ. 
#1 ·
Hi fellow canucks,

I live in the Mississauga area and I am currently planning to purchse the Elantra Sport DCT in grey.

I need some help with the pricing of this car.

I get the following on the hyundai website:
Base MSRP: $26,499
Finance Rebate (Before Tax): $1,500
Delivery and Destination $1,705.00
Other Taxes & Levies: $127.50
Total Price: $26,581.50
HST $3,455.60
Price after taxes: $30,037.10

How much did you pay for your ES? And what do you think about grey colour?

#2 ·
Nowhere near that, but I had a trade-in. That price on the website also doesn't include interest of financing added on to the end price, and the myriad of other crap they will no doubt try(say no) to sell you up on. Extra life insurance, warranties, etc. I'll be paying about 27k after all is said and done, over the next 7.4 remaining years..

There is no colour better than the lack of it, black or bust ;) To many grey/silver cars out there. I almost got it in blue though.

#3 ·
I think my total was around that. With no trade the sticker was 24,999 and I got about 950 off (brother works for dealer). I opted for the extended warranty because I'll be blowing through the standard in less than 2 years. Finance rate isn't great because it's the Sport model and they don't offer 0%. I'm at 1.99%. 7 years, but will probably look to either refinance or pay outright in a couple years.

It's all about your attitude and haggling with these places. Don't let them see you too excited about the car and they'll be more inclined to work the numbers. Could always ask them to throw in winter tires or something like that as well.

#5 ·
**** glad I bought when I did.
Total before TTL etc was just under 19k. They had some severe rebates a couple months back.

Reactions: S30BillT
#13 ·
Toronto here. Got my Elantra Sport 1.6t May 15th.

Overall it came up to $32,500

It's sounds a lot thanks to the $4,000 tax and $2,000 finance interest.

Traded my old Xterra for $500
Made a down payment of $4k
Add ons: Rust Chip Protector $1000
Lock Nuts
Floor mats
Freebie: 2 yrs oil change at Dealership
(6 oil changes / regularly $55 per)

#20 ·
Finally got this ES just after the last X'mas. It's maxmium temperture -18C when I picked up at dealer.
I noticed the headlight condensation issue before drove out. They replaced them all under warranty after a few weeks later. So make a note of it too.
It's so rare for the rotor issue of a new car. Is it serious?

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
Hate to say it man but that dealer found a sucker and laid the smackdown on you. The warranty and gap can be cancelled. (check with your insurance company, some offer gap coverage) Tire and Rim might be one as well? Check the fine print on all the paperwork.

#23 · (Edited)
Bought my blue 2018 ES 6 Speed from Richmond Hill Hyundai.

Car came out to $28,624.03 after taxes and fees. The sales guy took $1200 off the price. But also forced some dumb $299 mud guard fee.

Added the extended 160,000KM/7 year warranty for $1700. (I commute far). The finance manager offered it at almost $3000 initially I turned it down then called the next day and said they cut it in half so I said ya.

Also $500 for the bumper/hood protection film.

Financed at 0% for 7 years. Also 0% on the extras since my gf has a Hyundai at that dealership too.

So it came out to roughly $31,000 ish after everything.

Also ended up getting a couple free oil changes for no actual mud guards and having to go back and give them crap. Plus 4 oil changes for the value of the mudguards. And seeing as how oil changes at this place with synthetic are roughly $80-90 not bad.

You guys in the states have some amazing rebates and deals for your ES's. I was shocked how little you pay even with the dollar value adjusted. Welcome to Canada where cars/PC parts/guns are a rip off lol. Unfortunately my hobbies too haha.

#24 ·
Do you mean you have to pay $299 for the mud guard fee? I have searched from the several dealership and online store. Even your RH Hyundai. They also said Hyundai didn't make the mud guard for the 2017/2018 ES. Only for regular Elantra.
I finally custom made one DIY with some cheap universal mud guard ($20) from Partsources.

I also been there to oil change and maintenance for several years from my previous Veloster to current ES DCT. Their maintenance service quality were quite good but the team have been changed quite often for these days.

#25 ·
Ya Richmond Hill Hyundai apparrently just installs.mudguards on all their cars and then thinks it's ok to charge you $299 and not remove it. Even though you clearly never asked for that option. The sales guy was nice about it and just offset it by taking more off the price ($1500 instead of $1200). Then when I got the car and none were installed the manager said they were back ordered yet I'm pretty sure the sport doesn't have any. So I think they either didn't realize and screwed up or it's a clever way to charge more for those who won't fight it.

And ya my girlfriend services her Elantra there and she's happy with the guys who work in service. They seem to actually care.

How much did you pay for full synthetic oil change on your Veloster? Assuming you used full synthetic.

#26 ·
I have already trade in the 2012 Veloster with this new ES DCT at last DEC due to engine failure.

Normally I brought my own synthetic oil for them to change and use their OEM filter so far. So only paid the labor and the oil filter and the oil drain plug gasket. BTW, it still no help for the previous Veloster failure as the first generation Veloster engine design was really bad.

Just switched to the new designed formula Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 from Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and let them to change it at last SAT. I highly recommend you to try this oil. This new designed formula was specific for the TGDI engine and addressed the LSPI well known issue. It meet the ACEA A5 oil requirement (showing on the bottle) which stated on our owner's manual. Also upgraded to the new API SN PLUS standard. You can find more details from the Pennzoil official web site and the www.bobistheoilguy.com.

I could really feel the difference. Smoother, more quiet, more responsive. Also filling V-Power since day 1.

#27 ·
'18 Base DCT, no accessories:

$27,500 CAD OTD.

Considered myself lucky due to my circumstances, as 6 other dealerships in the area "couldn't do that price".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.