Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am not intending this as a sarcastic post in any way, but what are some of your opinions that support debadging? Is is because of underlying embarrassment of having a Hyundai thus the reasoning for the subterfuge? Is it simply for the "surprise" factor when people ask what kind of car it is, and then you reveal its a Hyundai?

Since I drove my 2018 ES DCT w/premium package off the lot the first week of April, I have actually had several positive comments both in passing, and after having surprised a few unsuspecting drivers with higher end performance/more expensive cars off the line (not that we meant to race or anything... :) ) I believe the stigma of owning/leasing a Hyundai has begun to fade rapidly in my opinion, and the more people who see that the badge is associate with fresh ideas, and beginning to challenge the realm of sporty, performance designed vehicles, the more that will sell, and that will justify even better things to come...

Anyway... Thanks in advance to those who wish to share their opinions on this...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Debadging just cleans it up. And it has caused a lot of people to ask me about the car once they hear it and see it. So it almost helps out Hyundai in a better light to a lot of people who have previously looked down on them. I’ve gotten a ton of compliments on it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't assume the designers create the cars to specifically look better with (in this case) "Elantra" and "Sport" on the rears. I feel as though their initial design is to have the car look a special way when left unbadged. Think of it this way, do the designers of shirts feel like their product looks best with the sticker strip that shows the size of the shirt left on the shirt? Or perhaps, do they feel like that sticker strip is just extra and takes away from their intended design?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I like the clean look. No one is going to mistake this for another car brand since the Hyundai logo is still there.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Imo i want to rebadge my hyundai logos to black cause i dislike the chrome and the sport and elantra idk some ppl like it imo if i could get them in black would be just mint i wouldnt take them off i dislike the look but some love it. Diff strokes for diff folks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Chrome looks great on a Harley and bad on my blue ES. Had no chrome on my Ducati, BMW, or Triumph motorcycles either since I remove it all. Well, except for the headlight buckets on the Triumph because that was part of the iconic look.

Kept the Hyundai badges which I quite like, but blacked them out. Personally I enjoying showing off the great value of my ES and how nicely it drives, its subtle yet sporty body design, and the great interior choices Hyundai has made.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I personally wanted a cleaner look for the rear end of the car. I felt that " Elantra" and " Sport" was too much would've preferred " S", similar to the Corolla or like my Infiniti.

On my lexus ISF, people still mistake it as for a V6....but in reality its a V8. I took off all the emblems on the back because I wanted the back end to look cleaner as well.

I do love and like black badging on my vehicles but we all know in time it will start to fade.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
does anyone have any pictures of a De-badge job done on the silver paint job? It wasn't my first paint choice and had origionally planned to de-badge, just curious on how it would look if Did go ahead and De-badge My Elantra Sport with the Platinum Silver paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Chrome looks great on a Harley and bad on my blue ES. Had no chrome on my Ducati, BMW, or Triumph motorcycles either since I remove it all. Well, except for the headlight buckets on the Triumph because that was part of the iconic look.

Kept the Hyundai badges which I quite like, but blacked them out. Personally I enjoying showing off the great value of my ES and how nicely it drives, its subtle yet sporty body design, and the great interior choices Hyundai has made.
how did you black out the Hyundai badges?

I've got a blue ES and am thinking about doing the same. I've already de-badged her.

·
Registered
342 Posts
how did you black out the Hyundai badges?

I've got a blue ES and am thinking about doing the same. I've already de-badged her.
For me, I just plasti-dipped it (front and rear).

Reactions: Jonesey07

·
Registered
342 Posts
For the record, I didn't remove the Hyundai emblem when I plasti-dipped it. I just cleaned and prepped the area where the logo was, masked off the rest with newspaper and painters tape and did about five coats, waiting about 10 minutes on each pass.

For the front logo, the only thing I did different was that I put an old rag behind the grille so that the plasti-dip spray wouldn't hit anything behind the logo, but other than that, did the same thing.

Reactions: CoolRonZ
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.