1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I think i've got some issues with my car... :(

Running rich.
LTFT has settled in the last couple of days to -5%, was at -10~-15% last week, avg fuel consumption now is 12-14L/100kms, normal would be 6~7L/100kms.
Pre cat wideband sensor generally is at lambda 1, post wideband sensor shows rich most of the time between 0.8~0.9.
HKS plugs are black, indicating running rich for sure.

Power Loss.
Had a Tork Stage 0+ put in, great fun for 2 days till the DCT slipped 2nd gear twice and since power feels down about 20%. Could be in my head but i could smoke the tyres from a standing start and launch hard, now car feels meager. Car still drives smooth now, no slippage at all.
Rough idle, had a fried comment that the car doesn't idle as smooth from one day to the next during a blind test.
As a precaution stock tune has been loaded back in
Identified some bad clamps on the charge pipes which have been replaced, boost leaks all gone now., will confirm shortly with smoke tester.

Fuel Pressure.
Anyone know what the stock fuel pressure (PSI) is at idle? Torque is showing ~560PSI at idle.

I'll upload more data when i can.

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Did the rich condition disappear when you put the stock tune back in? Have you replaced the stock boost control solenoid? If not, I would recommend doing that. The stock one is crap.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich condition is still there after the stock tune was loaded back in. My guess is fuel issue, leaky injector, high fuel pressure, bad regulator, etc...

Whilst the Tork tune was in the fuel consumption was about the same as stock.

Stock boost control solenoid has been replaced for a while now along with all stock hoses that it was attached to.

I just got my mechanic software (TOAD Pro) and final part in to complete my smoke test. Will report with more info soon.

I'm open to any other ideas if anyone has any..?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Feared.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smoke tested the intake system, no leaks which is great. Might have to try again going straight into the block next time...

·
Registered
92 Posts
no boost leak will impact your AFR or engine load. ECU use a BAP in the intake and not a MAF in the pressurize system.
what is the value of "Air Fuel Ratiocommanded:1"
also, don't look at your second O2 sensor, it's only there to confirm the CAT work

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost always it's at 14.699 on acceleration, when off the gas it drops to 29.1 (fuel cut) then goes slightly rich when initially on gas then back to stoichiometric.
MAP s3nsors are ok as far as I can tell.
2nd AF sensor is measuring rich 70% of the time across multiple days/logs, whereas the 1st wideband AF sensor is measuring A/F mixtures as 50/50 rich/lean.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
92 Posts
Link doesn't work but 14.7 is the perfect Lamda you should see this value cruising and light acceleration. as soon as you're WOT it should be in the 11-12 range

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another update.
Car through multiple flashing CELs on the highway when crawling through slow traffic.
P0300
P0303
P0304
I then checked misfire count on torque app, on a 25min drive cylinder 4 logged 476 misfires and cylinder 3 logged 24 misfires.

Bad coils?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Another update.
Car through multiple flashing CELs on the highway when crawling through slow traffic.
P0300
P0303
P0304
I then checked misfire count on torque app, on a 25min drive cylinder 4 logged 476 misfires and cylinder 3 logged 24 misfires.

Bad coils?
They are known to go bad on this car, so most likely.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Decided to test coils by swapping them around and see if the misfires followed. No joy, same outcome.
Swapped the spark plugs for the original ones, and guess what..... no misfires at all. Nothing. CEL fault codes went away as well.

Car is still running the Tork Stage0+ tune with stock spark plugs, running well.

Will monitor over the next few days and report back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.