·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 DCT base

-super comfortable seats

-pretty quiet for the class of car

-exhaust note. Nice and raspy.

This is a condensed list. I love this car and could go on and on about the details that excite me every day.

Dislikes:
-1st gear I hate you so. From a stop there’s a lot of clutch slip paired with a first gear that doesn’t seem to go anywhere then second gear launches you because you overcompensated for the stupid 1st gear. No squirting across intersections from a stop.

- base stereo was crap (already fixed that)

- turbo lag. I’ve only owned one turbo car, a Volvo v40 with a low pressure turbo so there was zero lag there. And my last car was a Dodge Magnum r/t and that was an instant kick in the rear. So the lag may not be bad, relatively, I may just be whining too much.

Like I said I love this car. Easily my favorite I’ve owned out of many. The good definitely outweighs any minor complaints. Except for first gear. If I could’ve waited to find a manual I would’ve but there were none around and I had to have a car right then. Maybe then first gear and turbo lag wouldn’t be as much of an issue for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, DCT. Sure it's torque-y when you give it. We're talking under normal stop and go daily driving conditions
Exactly. In the city it’s maddening. Lucky for me my commute is %90 freeway. But the car makes me feel like a fool when carrying a passenger or two anywhere there’s stop signs or lights.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I really don’t have an issue in stop/go traffic with my DCT. Keep it in the right gear and it won’t be an issue.

Reactions: Mohkx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really don’t have an issue in stop/go traffic with my DCT. Keep it in the right gear and it won’t be an issue.

Stop and go traffic isn’t an issue. I do fine in rush hour. Stop signs, which are everywhere here, are a pain. Can’t keep it in 2nd and time those puppies up. And an intersection where cross traffic is heavy and doesn’t stop? Fuggedaboudit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From a dead stop first gear seems hesitant and sluggish unless I pit my foot in it some. Say 60 percent throttle. And yes, sport mode makes it better only by making the throttle more aggressive. I don’t want to dash away from every stop. It seems 0 to half throttle nets lottle acceleration in first gear then second gear really takes off. Making driving from stop sign to stop sign not very smooth. And it also leaves me hanging going across roads with fast cross traffic that doesn’t stop. I shouldn’t have to beat the car to get a functioning first gear. It should work well at all throttle inputs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had mine only 6 months and I know exactly what you're talking about because it has happened a couple of times. But 99% of the time mine pulls away smoothly. 60% throttle gets an aggressive response even without sport mode for me.

Are these transmissions adaptive? If so you might benefit from whatever the procedure is to reset adaptations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've had mine only 6 months and I know exactly what you're talking about because it has happened a couple of times. But 99% of the time mine pulls away smoothly. 60% throttle gets an aggressive response even without sport mode for me.

Are these transmissions adaptive? If so you might benefit from whatever the procedure is to reset adaptations.
I’ll have to admit I do have times where I pull away from a stop woth no drama but other times 1st gear leaves me hanging. Leaves me scratching my head. Hadn’t thought of an adaptive transmission. I’ll have to look in to that unless someone knows for sure right off hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.