Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone I'm Dan, I drive a 2017 Elantra Sport! I am not new to the car world at all and used to own a b5 passat big turbo, everything was done by me, no shops no bulshit! I am new to the hyundai game and am wondering what this little car is capable of? It seems decent out of the box but for sure room for more. Can someone clue me in on a list of mods I could do with links for websites. I am not trying to spend an arm and a leg to get it done. The more DIY the better! Thanks again for the warm welcome and I look forward to learning all about this little beast from South Korea. :D

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Well, stock turbo is only good for ~230whp with full bolt-ons. You might be able to squeak 240 out of it with meth injection. Stuffed Veloster Turbo swaps are good for ~280whp I believe. Lap3 has a big turbo upgrade that will net 300whp safely on the stock engine. They have done a few with 330whp++ with a rod upgrade.

As far as parts, I can list part websites but if you are looking for DIY there's not much out there. Sites I recommend off the bat:

SXTH Element Engineering (kinda pricey but totally worth it)
http://www.lap3usa.com (best tune)
BTR | The Ultimate Automotive Solution (next best tune)
Performance Auto Parts - Race Car Parts | Pierce Motorsports (chassis bracing / brakes)
http://www.kdmtuners.com (a little of everything)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I specifically went with Hyundai because of the warranty so no modding for me - for now at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tork isn't commonly recommended due to product issues and bad customer relations. Made an account just to say this. They're okay if you want cheaper parts but expect to do a little diy to fix stuff you get. I recently bought a catch can that had the tab welded on the wrong side of the can so had to cut and reweld it. Generally their account is known to be pretty much a jerk with sarcastic smiley faces posted everywhere

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a link where that information is provided? There's no instructions given with the order and only documentation regarding the install is a old youtube video which doesnt mention this. If I missed it then I stand corrected, otherwise It would be helpful to add updated directions on your website or with order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ummm...thanks for the warning and the welcome.. ANYWAY...Does this car use the K03 like the b5 VW and MK4 and MK5? I was pushing 30 lbs of boost out of my stock K03 with proper tuning. Does anyone make a piece of software that I can use to tune myself? like unlocked the ECU?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey! Why it is always the forum against Tork, or Tork against the forum? Who are the moderators?

I was a motorcycle forum owner before and that kind of thing was not allowed.

In my opinion, each vendor have their good thing to brought, if not, then, kick them out!

Parts can failed, yes, even OEM. I am administrating warranty in about 10 Kia/Hyundai dealership in Canada and yes I see blown engine, gearboxes, transfer cases, A/C, electronics, etc.. a lot!!!.. . I am not saying that is good to have vendor with recurrent parts failures,. I am not here to show how to administrate forums either. I am not here to say to kick out Tork. I own a couple of Tork parts and they work fine. Same for SXTH element.

Just a small text to ask if possible to make this kind of war elsewhere. Or people will eventually get out of the forum and goes elsewhere.

We are Sport car amateur, it is a passion, it is a pleasure. Keep that in mind please.

My ten cents.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Just a small text to ask if possible to make this kind of war elsewhere. Or people will eventually get out of the forum and goes elsewhere.
Forums are a dying breed. There are other places (facebook groups) with A LOT more people than here. I would say that most people on this forum actually came from them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.