Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Gonna be putting my ram 1500 on the market here in 2-3 days once it is sold I am heading straight to the dealership and getting an Elantra Sport.

which is the better tranny, 6 speed or 7 speed dct? I live in the BC Interior so it's quite hilly here. I have never owned a manual in my life, only driven one like 3 times in a parking lot (when I was a lot attendant at a chevy dealership)
All I am worried about is rolling back on hills, I would love to have a manual (I also live on a pretty steep street) do the Elantra sports with 6 spd have hill assist? heard some newer manuals do all my autos have had them. My father's 14 Z51 Corvette doesn't I don't think.

Again sorry if this is the wrong section I just joined this forum :eek:

·
Registered
140 Posts
It has hill assist yes, works rather well, tends to be more aggressive in reverse. It is a very easy manual to drive. I'm also in BC, southern interior, Kootenays more precisely. Awesome roads around me for the spirited drives!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, leaning more towards the DCT as of right now. I don't wanna go test out the manual they have because I don't want to have to try to drive a manual in traffic right away haha. Killertek I am in the Okanagan, not really any roads around here for spirited drives.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thanks guys, leaning more towards the DCT as of right now. I don't wanna go test out the manual they have because I don't want to have to try to drive a manual in traffic right away haha. Killertek I am in the Okanagan, not really any roads around here for spirited drives.
Yeah, East lake road from Penticton to OK Falls is ok, but can be busy, there a re a few others over there to hit I'm sure though. My inlaws are in that area (Penticton) and my brother-inlaw is a car guy, he's knows a few, but you're right, not to many. I don't get up there often enough, with enough free time to go exploring :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
Test drive the DCT at slow speeds first and see if you find the lurching acceptable to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Test drive the DCT at slow speeds first and see if you find the lurching acceptable to you.
is it that bad? I didn't plan to test-drive either tranny. The dealership is on the 2nd busiest street in the city I live, so trying to drive a manual for like 2nd time truly ever on a road is probably a bad idea.
Does lurching mean like don't creep up at lights, just stay stopped and only accelerate when you can get up to like 50 km/h?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.