Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all so i made a trip to the city the other day. And for the second time since owning the car threw it in sport mode for the outskirts and a lil fun so afterwards i switched it off back to norm dct mode and am driving the highway with my apple car play and spotify going. When all a sudden the car drops. Car play goes to the radio then moments later back to carplay and shows up disconnecting bluetooth. So then i get to the city and am in normal traffic of stop and go and am noticing it almost feels like the car upon acceleration over revs first gear as if im hard accelerating and then shifts kinda hard. ( only seemed to be 2 nd to 3 rd and then on the way home im noticing a unrelated issue ( im assuming) where i was getting excess turbulence from the rd and thru the pedal for bout 2 kms and qent away almost like something was rubbing or grindin slightly ( maybe brakes ?) i just had 4 new tires jnstalled and balanced/ aligned about 3 weeks ago 4000 kms ish. Thanks for any input i am going to dealer on thursday for a oil change and am going to have them check it out / check for codes. Just seeing if anyone noticed anything similar. If i left out any factors just let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Turbulence from the road? You talking about noise/vibration? Could have just been a weird patch of road. There's a road nearby me that looks smooth but has a small groove cut in it from something and it makes the tired hum really loudly.

DCT issues.......can't help ya. I don't have one. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i should have been more descriptive turbulance as in vibration / change in the feel in the pedal like a slight grinding or rubbing feeling hard to describe i figure maybe just the road but not sure

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you’re hard accelerating the DCT will shift kinda hard, that’s just the nature of it but it depends on how hard you’re going and what gear blah blah. But you need to treat the DCT like a manual and not an automatic. So in traffic you need to not gas it right away as it needs a second to engage as if using a clutch

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Croppz im not hard accelerating at the times it happens usually normal take off i should mention i switched from 89 to 93 octane gas about two tanks ago i dont know if that will play a factor. I have notice too it doesnt idle smooth almost sounds like stuttering when i have it running maybe a sensir of some sorts? Going to have dealer look it all over anyways they cover all code reading and inspection until 10 000 km I believe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Croppz im not hard accelerating at the times it happens usually normal take off i should mention i switched from 89 to 93 octane gas about two tanks ago i dont know if that will play a factor. I have notice too it doesnt idle smooth almost sounds like stuttering when i have it running maybe a sensir of some sorts? Going to have dealer look it all over anyways they cover all code reading and inspection until 10 000 km I believe
This is the opposite of what I've heard elantra sport owners experiencing when going to higher octane, on account of it being a higher compression engine. Try throwing 89 octane back into it and run it for awhile and see if it goes back to normal first and foremost, as long as it doesn't create a hazard for you in the meantime.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
This is the opposite of what I've heard elantra sport owners experiencing when going to higher octane, on account of it being a higher compression engine. Try throwing 89 octane back into it and run it for awhile and see if it goes back to normal first and foremost, as long as it doesn't create a hazard for you in the meantime.
It has been proven that running 87 octane the car pulls timing. Not sure if that is the case with 89 as people don't usually go for the middle ground it's either the top of bottom.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys had my grades mixed up was using 87 went to 91. Thats my local scale 91 is high as i can get. I have switched back to see if the problem still presents itself car goes in tommorow morning so will know if any codes or anything then i will get them to check the timing too i guess cause somethings just not right about it cant put my finger on it .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts