Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an exhaust shop drop the stock muffler and piping back to the flange and bolt on a Magnaflow straight through muffler with mandrel bent SS pipes.... and holy moly.... the car finally felt like it was unrestricted... acceleration was quicker, smoother.... induction noise was wayyy louder.
With all the bolt one this far this has been the best and most noticeable change that you can properly feel this far. I highly highly recommend this.

Note: the section through the middle of the exhaust system between the first and last flange is also a straight pipe.

Under load it's decently loud but not ridiculous, causing speed is very reasonable as a daily driver, almost a tad over stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What is the part number of Magnaflow muffler did you bought?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Exhaust changes won't effect intake noise.
True, true, true, yup. The way he crafted his post does seem to indicate that the exhaust set up affect the intake noise.
But he also has "Custom 3.5" Intake" and "AEM Dry Flow Pod Filter" as a listed mods

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exhaust changes won't effect intake noise.
True, true, true, yup. The way he crafted his post does seem to indicate that the exhaust set up affect the intake noise.
But he also has "Custom 3.5" Intake" and "AEM Dry Flow Pod Filter" as a listed mods
It could be in my head lol... but the intake noise always used to drive me nuts. NOW it's louder than my exhaust and is much louder.

I'll take some photos and post the model number shortly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Muffler is Magnaflow 14256.
For some strange reason the pic is upside down on my phone when uploading...

Attachments

Reactions: Mathieu and kdetlor

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you have any sound clip?

The 14256 is a 5 x 8 x 18 muffler.
The Magnaflow rep recommended me a 4 x 9 x 14 when I talked to him 6 month ago.

With your installation experience do you think that your 14256 is a better choice?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have any sound clip?

The 14256 is a 5 x 8 x 18 muffler.
The Magnaflow rep recommended me a 4 x 9 x 14 when I talked to him 6 month ago.

With your installation experience do you think that your 14256 is a better choice?
My exhaust guy hated me for bringing in that long muffler lol! But he asked for it as this was the biggest one he could fit without too much fuss or adding heaps more pipe with loads of bends...

I must admit it's a lovely note now and I'm glad I spent the extra cash on Magnaflow. The rest would be sounded like empty tin cans. This sounds great and almost no cabin drone as it's double packed with sound deadening and fibre glass packing material.

No regrets

Reactions: birdman

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put a clip up in the coming days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts