Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. Does the Elantra sport base 6mt have hill assist or auto hold?

Or is it only available in the automatic transmission and the 6 speed have to use the old school method with manual handbrake.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is more aggressive in reverse then 1st gear though, also, cannot be turned off :(.
I found when I turn off traction and stability control this function is also turned off.

Reactions: killertek78

·
Registered
13 Posts
Huh I thought when I bought mine that it did not have it but have noticed what seemed like a hill assist only when parked on a hill usually. Have not noticed it while driving but I could do with me being new driving a manual this being my first. But I'll have to test it out I still do get a little nervous taking off on hills.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Huh I thought when I bought mine that it did not have it but have noticed what seemed like a hill assist only when parked on a hill usually. Have not noticed it while driving but I could do with me being new driving a manual this being my first. But I'll have to test it out I still do get a little nervous taking off on hills.
I don’t know quite how it works but mine comes on when driving and stopped on a hill. I am still getting used to it to be honest, it releases when the clutch first starts engaging. I have never driven a car with it before, so it’s a bit strange to feel it release when you’re used to balancing on the clutch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Should have clarified, cannot be turned off by itself, but yes you are correct from my experience too.
Ahhh! Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.