Elantra Sport Forum banner

Hill Start Assist - Canada - Sport DCT

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  richiebee 
#1 ·
Can any Canadians confirm that the 2018 Elantra Sport DCT has hill start assist in the Canadian market version? Odd to see no mention of it on the web site.

#2 ·
The actual manual cars have hill assist. Don't think there is a need for it in automatic vehicles.

#3 ·
DCT isn't a regular automatic. It's more like a manual that has no clutch pedal, and that shifts for you. There is still a clutch that needs to be engaged, and it would be susceptible to rolling back on a hill, just like a manual/standard would. However, unlike a manual, you don't really have precise control of when the clutch gets engaged. Seems like hill-start would be a necessity, and maybe it is considered part of the transmission, but need to know.

R.

#5 ·
Can't say if the one dealer I spoke with is speaking the truth, but he said this car is in an "auto-creep" mode. When I did one of my test drives for the first time and stopped on a slope of a bridge, the car seemed to have rolled forward on its own when I was ready to move forward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.