Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the SXTH short ram intake with the BPV hose delete and wasn't crazy about the sound of the intake. I realize I may be in the minority here, but just thought it sounded like a vacuum cleaner sucking. So I have since gone back to the stock intake with a K&N drop in and I'm happy with it. I have an HKS BOV with SXTH adapter laying around and am debating on whether to put it on or not. Are there any benefits to this other than the part being upgraded from stock and the sound it makes (I realize the HKS is one of the louder BOV and I THINK I would be OK with that). Or is it silly to do an aftermarket BOV with the stock intake. Thoughts?

Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT Electric Blue
lol i hope it's not looked at as silly because I just had a shop install a GFB hybrid bov this morning 馃槄

Registered
BOV is more than just a noise maker. Can improve throttle response and hold boost better. Stock plastic valve is trash.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BOV is more than just a noise maker. Can improve throttle response and hold boost better. Stock plastic valve is trash.
Thanks bro, is there a BOV that's a direct replacement for the stock BPV that reuses the OEM recirculation hose into the intake that you know of? Pretty sure you can't do this with the HKS.

Registered
I put on a caberu bov (should have same sound as hks) and it sounded like this:

I have a DCT so doesn't exactly sound smooth to drive. And it's pretty loud too. It's illegal to have bov down under so I tuned it down with a customized fin using baby pouch caps (just a deeper flat psshhh)

On top of that, I put in a " torque solution hks ssqv bov outlet 1" recirculation adapter" to fit the OEM hose when I go to dealer for service.

Have been running this for 6 months now, so far so good!

Registered
18' Elantra Sport 6MT
I have an HKS BOV installed with the adapter from SXTH and my stock air intake system. I've ran it for 7 months now and the only problem I had was a broken vacuum filter from the winter. It is indeed super loud, and goes off any time you let off the throttle. I plan on getting a bov solenoid to better control the pressures at which the BOV releases.

On a side note, are you selling your SXTH short ram air intake? I'd be interested in buying it if so!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts