Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking through a lot of posts and reviews, it seems Android Auto requires that your phone be plugged in for it to function. Obviously this is a hassle that I'd like to minimize if possible, so I've taken up the quest to try and find the perfect phone mount and cable option to make this as easy as dropping my phone in the cup holder.

So far I've purchased a Wsken magnetic USB cable to facilitate the fumble-free "snap" cable connection.
(https://www.amazon.com/Wsken-Magnet...r=1-4&keywords=wsken+magnetic+micro+usb+cable)

But I haven't been able to find an optimal place for my existing suction cup/flex rod phone holder that isn't either entirely in my field of vision, or obstructing access to other features of the car (shifter, 12v plugs, etc).

So... what have you guys found that works for you?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I use a magnet mount to mount the phone on a vent. I use the vent on the left side of the radio screen(higher up). Would have liked to use the left vent but it was blocking a couple things. I don't have the navigation package and I use android auto. Don't need to plug your phone in if you have blue tooth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do the Android Auto navigation feature work using only bluetooth connection?
Nope. Requires USB.

Which is why I just use a 6" USB cable and just stick my phone down in where the USB connector is (out of sight). I don't need to see my phone while I drive because I can get all notifications, calls, maps, and music from the built-in screen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a magnetic one as well, not the brand indicated by the picture below, but something similar that clips to the air vent and it hasn't failed me yet. Only ever really fell was when I accidentally knock it off somehow.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts