Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love the ES and love the fact of how quick it can get to high speeds, now I could have gone faster but I made a conscious decision to only go 122mph and then slow down (Yeah 122 no biggie lmao) But I'm wondering whats the top speed of a stock ES and how fast have you gone?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
95mph on the drag strip.

I believe the car is electronically limited to 130mph.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Only once.

On a straight section of secondary road early in the morning, seven or so took it up to 190kph, (118mph). Do all spirited driving on low to no populated roads and early morning. Don't speed any other time or where there is more than just a very few houses if any. Living in a rural area there are plenty of twisty roads that are very low population. Pushed the cars handling at a autocross. Closed course. I granny drive the majority of the time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hit 170-175kph on a private road (naturally) and that was in 4th gear in the 6MT, and they're electronically limited to 210kph (130mph), so I'd agree it'd likely hit 230-240kph if that limiter was not in place.

Really looking forward to what the 'generic' ECU modifications can do, like removal of the speed/acceleration limiter, timing changes for more power, more boost etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
100ish on the incline right outside of the Nevada/California state line on the 15.

I average 60ish on the 75ish miles to the (current) end of Angeles Crest Hwy and back with limited time behind traffic. I don't enjoy high speed braking so I take it easy on the straights. I've been at WOT like twice since I've owned it, I don't think I've hit 6000 RPM.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Flat stretch of private road, 180 kph (112 mph) with no issues. Very confident in the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts