Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Buy this wireless charger: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C40OG22?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Buy this center console tray: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KCPKXTK?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

I'm sure other wireless chargers will fit, but it was the smallest/thinnest I could find at the time. The tray is sold by 5,000,000 sellers so if you don't like that seller or price it's pretty easy to find.

Plug the wireless charger into the USB slot inside the center console and run some of the wire up through the hole in the bottom of the tray. Plug it in and you're rocking and rolling. It only charges when the car is on and there's some space around the phone so if you're driving hard the phone will probably slide one way or the other and stop charging. Just put something in there to hold it in place and it's no big deal. It's better than dropping coin on a new car. :p

The console will not want to shut a time or two after you install the console tray (at least mine did) but it's made of a somewhat cheap plastic so after a time or two it should shut fine.

It's not a fast charger since it's going through USB but so far it charges the battery by about 10% every 20-25 minutes. Not amazing, but it's better than nothing. I'm still able to stream music over bluetooth and make phone calls without issue. I chose to go this route as I like the idea of grab and go instead of having to plug it in. Plus it's hidden while I drive which frees me of distractions. If it's really low and I'm in a crunch, I plug it into a portable charger I keep on me for faster charging.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My phone does not have wireless charging. However I miss my two part center console the Veloster had. I may considering picking up that tray! I could only find them on eBay for $15 CAD + free shipping. From what you have seen with them would it be worth it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.